App to record -and playback- route

Richardo

Hey all, I'd like to record a ride with an action cam, and then edit that footage to include a "live" map of my route. 

Any tips on how to create something like that? 

I imagine the worst case scenario would be to have my phone doing a screen recording while it's on Google Maps in my backpack for the duration of the ride, and then I crop the screen recording, overlay it on the other footage, and sync it manually.

Better than that would be an app that has its own recording and playback of a glowing dot following the route, and i could record that and slow it down to match the duration of the gopro footage.

Thanks in advance for your input and effort to understand what I'm talking about. I'm dreaming of making an introduction to my city- or some neighborhoods in the city- for people to watch on Youtube.

• 1 month later...

"Anyone know if you can pull route data from eucw and feed it into relive? The relive animations look really cool!"

@Planemo if you go into your EUC World account online, then into settings, then integration you are able to link EUC World from there!

Quoted from EUC World settings: 

"Relive.cc

Connect your Relive.cc account and export activities from your tours. You will be able to create 3D movies, use interactive viewer and benefit from other Relive features.

Connect with Relive"

Hope that helps
Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Anyone know if you can pull route data from eucw and feed it into relive? The relive animations look really cool!

You need to connect on the eucworld website, on a selected tour you can choose to download the gpx file

In Relive go to your Feed, click import and choose the gpx

• Like 1

I found some options, but nothing satisfying. I want play by play recreation of traveling in google maps. 

The garmin app can display a stencil outline, which is kind of crap. 

strava’s feature mentioned here is probably the best full app feature one can hope for

I found this on github and it does what i want, but only comes with free map tiles and i haven't found any that look good. https://github.com/zdila/gpx-animator  Maybe its not hard to get a gmaps api key and put it in there somehow. 

my latest avenue to be explored is to screen record an android phone while using an app that can spoof your location to the contents of a gpx file. Ill update the thread if i ever put in the work!

9 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

You need to connect on the eucworld website, on a selected tour you can choose to download the gpx file

In Relive go to your Feed, click import and choose the gpx

Awesome cheers! I'm gonna download Relive to my phone and try it :thumbup:

Edit: just noticed on EUCW that underneath 'export to GPX' there is also an option to 'export to relive' but it's greyed out on all my tours. Is this something that isn't set up yet?

Edit again...just read further back the thread (schoolboy error) and saw that there is indeed integration...will see if I can get it to work :)

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Edit again...just read further back the thread (schoolboy error) and saw that there is indeed integration...will see if I can get it to work :)

I really worry about you schoolboys :facepalm: !!!!!

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

Right lets see if I can get this to work... getting a bit old for this techy stuff... :(

Wish I could help further, but I'm probably even Older than you are and don't use anything else other than EUC World...:unsure:

Edited by fbhb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...