Sherman Bent Trolley Handle

Bridgeboy

So my Sherman tipped over while the trolley handle was extended all the way up and the handle hit a wall as it was falling and bent sideways. It didn't seem too bad so I just straightened the handle back up but it will not slide down or up without a huge amount of force. I forced it down into the bottom position but it won't come back up (unless I maybe grab it with some vice grips or something).

So, I'm just leaving it down for now, but; does anyone know how to fix this? Where the handle will freely go up and down again? 

The trolley handle is telescopic, so if the inner piece does not mate nicely with the inner surfaces of the outer piece (and vice-versa), there will be a lot of friction and things won't move without excessive force. You could try taking it off (remove the side panels to gain access) and carefully try to re-shape the deformed pieces to enable them to slide nicely again, but it's fairly thin-walled aluminum so chances are good that you won't be able to repair it enough to be trouble-free. You can purchase a replacement trolley handle from most suppliers of the Sherman; it should be reasonably easy to replace yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantraguy said:

The trolley handle is telescopic, so if the inner piece does not mate nicely with the inner surfaces of the outer piece (and vice-versa), there will be a lot of friction and things won't move without excessive force. You could try taking it off (remove the side panels to gain access) and carefully try to re-shape the deformed pieces to enable them to slide nicely again, but it's fairly thin-walled aluminum so chances are good that you won't be able to repair it enough to be trouble-free. You can purchase a replacement trolley handle from most suppliers of the Sherman; it should be reasonably easy to replace yourself.

Thanks, I just ordered a new Sherman: Telescopic Trolley Rail Set from eWheels. I hope it will be easy to replace once I get it. I get nervous taking an EUC apart.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/sherman-telescopic-trolley-rail-set/

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

On 10/10/2021 at 8:28 PM, Bridgeboy said:

Thanks, I just ordered a new Sherman: Telescopic Trolley Rail Set from eWheels. I hope it will be easy to replace once I get it. I get nervous taking an EUC apart.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/sherman-telescopic-trolley-rail-set/

It happened to me too Sherman falls yesterday with the trolley extended against a wall, now it does not slide down, I have ordered Telescopic Trolley Rail Set from eWheels too, but the 4 plastic internal clamps were broken, Is there any one who know, where to buy them or maybe about an STL to print? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 2:58 AM, Mauricio said:

It happened to me too Sherman falls yesterday with the trolley extended against a wall, now it does not slide down, I have ordered Telescopic Trolley Rail Set from eWheels too, but the 4 plastic internal clamps were broken, Is there any one who know, where to buy them or maybe about an STL to print? 

One of my plastic clips was also broken but what I did is took a short section of a leather belt that I had cut-off and screwed it over the aluminum post. See pics:

IMG_1065.JPEG

IMG_1066.JPEG

IMG_1064_small.jpeg

• Like 2