Alternative way to get AVAS sounds running on a machine?

Hi does anyone know of another way to get AVAS sounds running?

I was able to install "EUC World" on an android tablet but it wont connect to the King Song. All I have right now is a couple iPhones.

I wonder there was any open source code we can use to make another app or maybe hack the machine somehow?

5 hours ago, AeonDrone said:

Hi

Hi - i moved your topic here to the app section.

I was able to install "EUC World" on an android tablet but it wont connect to the King Song.

EUC World has a build in issue reporting system - so @Sebagets "automaticly" necessary/important informations to help you out.

like android version, bluetooth cababilities, permissiin settings, etc...

All I have right now is a couple iPhones.

I did not hear if darknessbot has anything like EUC Worlds AVAS or is planning to implent something like this?

@Seba did not rule out that he'll once could release an iphone version, but i would not expect this in the near future ;)

I wonder there was any open source code we can use to make another app or maybe hack the machine somehow?

There is wheellog https://github.com/Wheellog/Wheellog.Android available providing/showing/logging all the necessary values reported from the wheel.

One "just" needs to add the "sound machine"

Or you choose an V12 - imho i read that inmotion has some sound system implemented in firmware? Don't know if this is comparable or real at all?

I poked around and got a new Moto G7 Play delivered for $100. It doesn't have a cell phone plan and works great with EUCWorld, including AVAS and the flic button. You could always use your iPhone and make a 'song' with your AVAS sound and just play that to your wheel via iPhone bluetooth, but it would not change pitch with speed and wouldn't have the cool start, idle, and shutdown options.

Funny thing is, that's exactly where I've ended up. I made a sound that doesn't change pitch with speed (a "this train is moving bell"). I don't use the start, idle or shutdown options and use a flic button to turn the bell on and off so now I don't really need the G7 for AVAS... I could have just made a loop and played it via my iPhone.

But a huge advantage to the second phone is that tour logging and AVAS don't use my iPhone battery so my "real phone" isn't in danger of running the battery down. And I can keep my iPhone protected from crashing... it can be securely stashed in an interior pocket. Oh, and AVAS can be ding dinging while I have music playing in my helmet. That's cool too.

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

You could always use your iPhone and make a 'song' with your AVAS sound and just play that to your wheel via iPhone bluetooth, but it would not change pitch with speed and wouldn't have the cool start, idle, and shutdown options.

That's a good idea I'll try that until I get the android later today, I do sound design and music production so I really want to see what it's like having control of the pitch etc. I've been playing a lot with spaceship and hover craft type sound FX for years so I can't wait to see what's possible...

Let us know what you come up with! I got away from the variable pitch because I haven't imagined a sound that is a) audible at higher pitch and b) still sounds like something when you're going quickly. EUC World seems to just change the playback speed, so pitch goes up but so does the cadence. The horse sound packs were good, but at high pitch a walking/trotting hoofbeat doesn't sound like a galloping horse. Same with the space ship sounds, they got too high in frequency and became less audible at speed, which is the opposite of what I want (I want the sound to project the 'warning' further when I'm moving quickly). Honestly the Fat Boy Harley is for me anyway, the best of the sound packs... but people seem irritated by it. What's a motorcycle doing on the bike path?

I'm trying to find a sound that makes people think "what the heck is that?" and look around—even when there is traffic noise as a background or earbuds are in. My train bell... doesn't seem to draw the stink eye but also doesn't make enough people turn their head. If my wheel's speakers had the fidelity and power, I'd try something like a fog horn (not pitch changing though). Maybe three quick bursts from a boat whistle? Ice cream truck song (manic when you're going fast)? Traffic cop whistle? Steam train locomotive? It has to be tolerable on infinite repeat (so the theme from The Entertainer is out), else it's a horn sound (mp3 horn sounds are easy with EUC World, better with a Flic button).

Edited by Tawpie

7 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Let us know what you come up with!

i made a crappy video of one idea I came up with today:

Here's the audio file if you want to download it and check it out at a better quality. I will make a proper version once I get an Android to test with!

Another idea I really like so far:

• Like 1

Nice! There's an AVAS thread somewhere on the forum, it has instructions for the various files you'll need to create. The speed_dependent file is the one that gets its playback speed altered, it should be a loopable clip. EUC World does the loop seamlessly. I don't know how much the playback speed changes between minimum speed and maximum, that'll take experimentation. If it's not raining tomorrow I'll try to get out and make a video between min and max speeds. Since my train bell is one-ding-only, it should be easy to figure out what the playback speed multiplier is.

13 hours ago, Tawpie said:

EUC World does the loop seamlessly

I was reading about that and someone said the trick is to set a "fade in" + "fade out" on the .wav and if anyone needs help with that just lemme know it only takes me like 30 seconds to setup in my DAW :D

Huh. I thought this would be easy but EUCW really pushes the playback speed around. This is how my train bell sounds when the pitch isn’t changing 

and this is how it’s is when min and max speeds are 10kph apart (very hard to hear).

I couldn’t easily determine the speed multiplier but it’s “large”.

I know, let’s ask @Seba! How does the playback speed work?

Edited by Tawpie

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

This is how my train bell sounds when the pitch isn’t changing 

Sounds better when the pitch isn't changing for sure!

Can you take a look at the .Wav files I just exported? For some reason I can't get them to load up in the app: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C5FxachWCyReHnLqBmyTDfGVhxaGk2Iy?usp=sharing

I have them set at 16-bit, mono, WAV 

On 10/10/2021 at 1:23 PM, Tawpie said:

I poked around and got a new Moto G7 Play delivered for $100. It doesn't have a cell phone plan and works great with EUCWorld, including AVAS and the flic button.

Does that work? I have an old phone I was considering using with EUCWorld for a larger display than my smartwatch, but I heard conflicting info about whether the GPS worked without a connection (Some say it does work if you download the maps, others have said it is spotty.) But I have been considering using an old phone or budget phone dedicated to just the EUC.

• Like 1

It works for me every time, and uploads tours when I get back to WiFi. It seems to get the maps from Wifi without issue. Haven't had an issue with it at all, it's been a great no-muss no-fuss way to have EUCWorld along for the ride. I use it for both of my wheels, KS and GW and was very helpful when I overleaned my MTen... taught me where the "be very, very afraid" limit is on the little wheel!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrH said:

Does that work? I have an old phone I was considering using with EUCWorld for a larger display than my smartwatch, but I heard conflicting info about whether the GPS worked without a connection (Some say it does work if you download the maps, others have said it is spotty.) But I have been considering using an old phone or budget phone dedicated to just the EUC.

Yes it should work. I use a lemfo T without sim card on my 18xl dedicated. I also use a galaxy s9+ on my sherm without sim card. Live tracking doesnt show maps all the time, but once it gets logged into wifi, the tours upload and gets mapped at the server. Of course this depends on settings. I routinely record tour and csv data (for heads up display video). One of my favorite things about eucw is that I can use it without having to own a device that can be tracked realtime from anyone across the globe.

25 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

It works for me every time, and uploads tours when I get back to WiFi. It seems to get the maps from Wifi without issue. Haven't had an issue with it at all, it's been a great no-muss no-fuss way to have EUCWorld along for the ride. I use it for both of my wheels, KS and GW and was very helpful when I overleaned my MTen... taught me where the "be very, very afraid" limit is on the little wheel!

My biggest thing is making sure it is getting GPS and wheel data accurately for the warnings. Would hate for a delay due to an old map to fail to trigger beeps for speeed or safety margin, but it sounds like that it works fine without the data connection.