S18 spiked pedals - anybody use Xtreme Grip by GripAll?

PFriedl

Hey all,

I've been seeing some tutorials on creating spiked pedals, but I didn't want to do a lot of drilling and tapping on the pedals. So I found Xtreme Grip no slip tape by GripAll Sports (gripallsports.com).

This stuff is insane, but the studs are almost 1/4" tall, so I'm wondering if they'll be too tall for the pedals to close? Has anyone upgraded their pedals with this stuff?

RcIRFVu.jpg

OPX50WN.jpg

Edited by meepmeepmayer
images fixed - just paste the plain link without [img] tags
  • Like 1

Why is everyone obsessed with having the pedals close all the way?? Besides letting the wheel rest flat on it's side, is it really that bad that they don't fold up while trolleying?? They can even be used as a shelf to place things on while doing so.  My jump pads don't allow for the pedals to fold up all the way but that never has bothered me nor does it prevent me from putting in the trunk of my car. 

Edited by 5Cauac

1 hour ago, 5Cauac said:

Why is everyone obsessed with having the pedals close all the way?? Besides letting the wheel rest flat on it's side, is it really that bad that they don't fold up while trolleying?? They can even be used as a shelf to place things on while doing so.  My jump pads don't allow for the pedals to folded up all they way but that never has bothered me nor does it prevent me from putting in the trunk of my car. 

If you’re like me who inadvertently trollies their wheel incredibly close to them? Accidentally whacking shin on said pedals while walking. Done that more times than I’d like to admit… :cry2:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KNZ said:

If you’re like me who inadvertently trollies their wheel incredibly close to them? Accidentally whacking shin on said pedals while walking. Done that more times than I’d like to admit… :cry2:

True. I've adapted by holding at arms length or in front of me for tight spaces. I just find it funny that for some it's a total deal breaker if they can't close them all the way. :facepalm:

I use a variant of that, it works exceptionally well. So well that I was comfortable cancelling my order for the oh-so-sexy hextechs. Did more than a few miles on single track this summer, grip on the pedals was outstanding and I never feared my feet slipping even while doing a lot of yaw steering (moderately technical trails).

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

I decided to stud my pedals over the weekend with "Funn Steel Pedal Pins Studs" from Amazon.

Wow, What a difference!! I was using Viscous Brand Grip Tape before the change and boy do I feel locked in now. That coupled with the right shoes, (Leatt 3.0 DBX Flat pedal shoes) and there is absolutely ZERO worries my feet will be sliding around.   I just wish I would have done it sooner.

• Like 1