Misc questioms

Kilroy

21 minutes ago, Kilroy said:

Waiting on my first euc, a backordered v11 from ewheels. Have never seen an euc in person. Been watching YouTube vids, reading here and elsewhere but have a few questions.

1 when you trolly,does the wheel power you along or is it pure freewheel?

It drives by it's own - as alwas it tries to balance. So if you push the trolley forward it moves forward until balanced again...

2 how fast can you go backwards? 

Exactly as fast as forwards.

Personally i can only go backwards without my wheel.

4 is the warranty transferred for private sales from the big US  dealers?

From what i read here - yes. As long as the sale stays within the us. Bit best ask before!

• Like 1

Correct, Remember that balancing means if it is on and the tire is not touching the ground the tire is going to spin up to speed. Lots of people make the mistake of placing the wheel on a stand and letting go of the lift switch. You must power off before placing on a stand.

Edited by RockyTop

42 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

I hope this is a purely academic question.

Seriously.

I would never want to purposely go fast in reverse. Just want to know euc  characteristics before mine arrives.....documentation is scarce in the euc world and there is no  community here or much anywhere in florida.

Edited by Kilroy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kilroy said:

2 how fast can you go backwards? 

not only does the machine accelerate and run equally well in both directions, but earlier Kingsong models (14 series, 16S, 18L,18XL) were designed symmetrically, with a headlight on each side so you wouldn't even notice which way you mounted it. Modern wheels are usually less symmetric but I am sure they can go equally fast in either direction due to the underlying symmetry of the electric motor (it can rotate in either direction equally well).

A different question is the rider's technique and ability to ride backwards. It is usually only used for tricks, idling and parallel parking :) 

• Like 2

My 18XL can go  28mph when I ride it mounted backwards. When I ride it backwards mounted forwards, I am the limiting factor and so far its been about 20mph.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

When I ride it backwards mounted forwards, I am the limiting factor and so far its been about 20mph.

Naw dog. Gonna have to see the video. Maybe a new addition to the euc games. With a blindfold just to be sure.:D

Edited by Kilroy
Delete unnecessary sentence
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kilroy said:

Wrong thread/topic.

Ah I was wondering where my post went. Definitely wrong place. Ty for letting me know.