Pedal Sensitivity - Does it require more power?

EUCandME

Hey Guys I have recently been getting please get off warnings from my wheel when heading up hills. I realise this is normal but im just thinking of ways to minimize it as much as possible (I know softer acceleration is the obvious one). My thought: Does higher pedal sensitivity use more or less power than the lower settings?

Edited by EUCandME

Short answer: No. 

There might be a slight difference, but it still takes the same amount of power to climb up a hill. If you weigh more than 80 kg and climb up steep hills fast, the V10F is known to do this. Basically it is a bit too conservative on the warnings and too few MOSFETs to deal with the heat. Just take it easy with the steep and long hills. The good thing is that at least it forces you to step off way before anything is broken inside, so you don't need to worry. It's just annoying if it happens all the time. 

• Like 2

Just now, UniVehje said:

Short answer: No. 

There might be a slight difference, but it still takes the same amount of power to climb up a hill. If you weigh more than 80 kg and climb up steep hills fast, the V10F is known to do this. Basically it is a bit too conservative on the warnings and too few MOSFETs to deal with the heat. Just take it easy with the steep and long hills. The good thing is that at least it forces you to step off way before anything is broken inside, so you don't need to worry. It's just annoying if it happens all the time. 

Thanks for the fast reply! I agree it is annoying but like you said at least everything is safe. It is a slight learning curve as coming from the Ninebot S2 That thing just did whatever i threw at it despite being slow/low range. 

Keep your cellphone with the Inmotion or EUC World app ready in your hand  and look at the power consumption in real time, that will allow you to stay just below the "get off" threshold. I weigh 130kg in my gear and I can climb really steep hills with my V10F as long as I go slowly enough.

• Like 1