KingSong KS 16X still beeping when charging and after charged?

EUCRookie

I noticed other posts about the beeping but haven't seen any solutions yet?

People have been posting about this for over a year and it's still not fixed or am I missing something?

Note: I'm using the regular charger that came with the machine.

Thank you!

Beeping-Beeping-everywhere.jpg

Love me worship me i am angel of truth and solution.

1.After charging (charger is green) UNPLUG ks16x

2.and TURN ON after 10 sec

3.TURN OFF

This is it job done no more chaos on planet.

Why 16x do this? Becasue after charging on orig charger 16x stay in standby mode need to be on/off manulay why i dont know this "feature" come with new firmwares.

Bonus information: 16X beep over 5A charging not you case. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

1.After charging (charger is green) UNPLUG ks16x

2.and TURN ON after 10 sec

3.TURN OFF

hah amazing I will try that this morning! Thank you! XD

BTW how long does it really take to fully charge because I setup a timer to cut of power after 8 hours and the machine was only 80%

28 minutes ago, AeonDrone said:

BTW how long does it really take to fully charge because I setup a timer to cut of power after 8 hours and the machine was only 80%

If you start charging from 95% SOC you need 15 minutes! Wichever charger you use

44 minutes ago, bgmastro said:

Questo è un buon trucco per evitare i segnali acustici . Uso lo stesso per i miei 16x da un anno e funziona bene. Ma... perché e cosa succede quando suona il segnale acustico? questa è la domanda!

I thought the first beep was a fully charged notification? The other beeps a few hours after seem more like a glitch or maybe the cells are overloaded. But if we hear it again can we just turn it on and connect the KS app to see if any messages come up?

My experience is that the beeps change depending on the firmware you're running. I have never seen anything official explaining what the beeps mean so like you, I guess. When my 16XS arrived in October 2020, it would beep 5 or 7 times a couple of hours after the charger light turned green. I presumed this was "balance charge done, ok to disconnect the charger" (and power cycle the wheel so it doesn't drain down because early firmware left the control board powered up until you power cycle the wheel). I think this was firmware v2.01. Again, I have no idea why it would beep. Also, I would always unplug the charger and power cycle the wheel so I don't know if the 5-7 beeps would keep happening or not.

Later firmware (v2.03?) promised improvements to charging and didn't say what to expect, but I noticed that the 5-7 beeps a few hours after the charger light turned green don't seem to happen anymore. But when you unplug the charger, the wheel appears to power off (speakers make a thump sound, sometimes the headlight flashes). I'm now on v2.09 and I've left my wheel on-charger for 8 hours after the charger light turned green and didn't hear it beep, but wasn't really paying attention and wasn't always in the same room... so it might have beeped, but it wasn't something that caught my attention. I'm in the habit of power cycling the wheel after unplugging the charger so I haven't absolutely confirmed that the phantom drain problem is fixed but do believe it is (I mostly follow the charge-to-balance-then-ride-immediately battery care routine so there's no time for much phantom drain anyway).

• Like 1

@AeonDrone

if you really want to know the time you need to fully charge your wheel, apply this formula

battery_capacity - battery_actual_soc / out_volt * out_ampere

(out volt and ampere are stated on charger)

So, for a ks16x, with 10% battery, with standard charger:

1554 -155 / 84 * 1,5 = 11,10 hours ca

Just now, div said:

+ Some slowdown for the CV phase..

The calculation with capacity and charge current only regards/estimates the cc phase.

But with nowadays used li ion cells the cv stage is astonishingly short - especially with new batteries. Once the age it should get noticable...

Depends also on the charge current - the higher the shorter the cc stage and the langer the cv stage takes...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bgmastro said:

Btw - out_volt needs to be the nominal voltage of the cells. So some 3.6V ... 3.7V * 20 ~ 73V. To get Ah from the Wh... plus some paranthesis missing...

3 hours ago, bgmastro said:

if you really want to know the time you need to fully charge your wheel, apply this formula

I will try that thank you!

One caution, the numbers are approximate for a host of reasons among which is: nobody really knows with certainty how an app or manufacturer computes the % state of charge of the wheel. We know EUCWorld has a custom option and another option that tries to estimate remaining percentage of "full range" rather than remaining power, and we empirically assume that the 'common' technique is to compute the current battery voltage against a max and min range (an assumption that is fairly well validated with the proviso that the min figure varies between manufacturers and sometimes between models).

If we had coulomb counting fuel gauges, we would know with more precision, but they cost money so...

So the number you get will be a guesstimate. I'd go so far as to say plus or minus an hour, perhaps more. Keep notes and you'll get a good feel for how long it'll take.

Edited by Tawpie