I was wrong to cancelled my Sherman

FrenchUsa

That knobby tire really is amazing! I have ridden a lot with a similar CST C-186. Learning to trust the tire takes time, but I do hope you have replaced the S18 tire before that so you don’t crash on the slippery original one.

This tire is much stiffer, thicker and larger, so you can decrease the pressure a bit without worry. You probably will once get fed up with the jarring bumps anyhow. I ride tires of this style at around 30psi even for aggressive and harsh off-road, and I weigh 103kg + gear.

A local rider has taught numerous beginners to ride in just 10 minutes using his Sherman. The ride is very different, but when you have no reference at all, I think the stability of a larger wheel might be a good thing after all. Otherwise they’ll just keep overshooting each correctional movement.

Good luck with the Sherman!

Ps. Give the medium mode a go. The wheel will accelerate and brake with less effort that way.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That knobby tire really is amazing! I have ridden a lot with a similar CST C-186. Learning to trust the tire takes time, but I do hope you have replaced the S18 tire before that so you don’t crash on the slippery original one.

This tire is much stiffer, thicker and larger, so you can decrease the pressure a bit without worry. You probably will once get fed up with the jarring bumps anyhow. I ride tires of this style at around 30psi even for aggressive and harsh off-road, and I weigh 103kg + gear.

A local rider has taught numerous beginners to ride in just 10 minutes using his Sherman. The ride is very different, but when you have no reference at all, I think the stability of a larger wheel might be a good thing after all. Otherwise they’ll just keep overshooting each correctional movement.

Good luck with the Sherman!

Ps. Give the medium mode a go. The wheel will accelerate and brake with less effort that way.

I agreed for switching tire on my S18, i was amazed on bike trail (dirt/sand) how good tire is on my Sherman. Not sure why KS did not installed offroad tire.

Thank you about psi info, i will lower to 30psi.

I did try soft and medium mode, I really like medium mode.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I weigh 75kg and find around 26 PSI comfortable. Higher PSI does increase the nimbleness of the Sherman, but I find it overly sensitive and reactive as I go to higher PSI. I feel less connected with the wheel.

I also really enjoy Medium mode.

Sherman is a great wheel. Enjoy!