First time EUC buyer: Nikola+ or V12?

Hi Guys,

First time EUC buyer here looking to purchase his first EUC.

EUC requirements:

• Speed: I would like to be able to cruise in the 30-35+ mph range.
  • Range: Range isn't so much a key factor, I think any of the wheels with the 1800 Wh batteries will suffice.
  • Durability/Build Quality: Wheels are pretty expensive as you guys know, I definitely want a wheel that will last and that has good build quality. 

Other notes: 

So far I have put down a deposit at eWheels for a V12 and hopefully should get one of the next shipments out. I have watched numerous V12 reviews and so far people have been saying the wheel has good build quality, but I have noticed multiple people having bearing issues with their V12s tho, (I don't plan on riding in the rain/wet weather anyhow). 

The V12 tech looks impressive, but I'm questioning myself if I should just got with the Nikola+ that I have read is tried and tested and further has gone through multiple batches working out problems with the wheel, where the V12 would only be a batch 2 wheel.

• Like 1

Since you are buying from eWheels, I wouldn’t be much at all concerned about any warranty issues, other than they would mean a break from riding. But no matter the issue, they will take care of it.

Aspects you don’t yet have the experience to assess relate to comfort and the practicality of the wheels’ features. And I think they are what differentiate the two wheels very far apart.

My personal opinion on the Nikola comfort is that the wheel is way too wide at the top. So much so that I have a hard time tilting the wheel between my legs enough to even turn tightly.

And another huge difference is in the riding behaviour. The Nikola has only three riding modes that are all hard at the beginning of the acceleration, but the softer modes rock slowly as if you were standing on a boat.

On the V12, there are two different riding mode curves, and a hardness adjustment from 0 to 100. So 202 options in total. And now you can even adjust the braking and acceleration separately. Besides having hugely precise adjustments, the Inmotion house signature feel is very natural to me, and I never feel as if the wheel was doing something on its own, like I do on the Nikola (and MSX, MSP, MCM5, etc).

To me the V12 ride is nicer by an immeasurable amount, and I wouldn’t consider any version of the Nikola for my personal use even if I got it for free.

• Like 3