Inmotion bearings problems forever? V12 too?

Finn Bjerke

Wonderfull ms Crusher have V12 bearings problems? Why? Rain. 

So Inmotion have learned nothing from the V11 problems? We all need to change bearings from day 1, the inmotion waterproofing is fake news? 

Maybe its just one wheel that has that problem ?  Maybe Im being negative ? Hollow motors is the future and maybe we just need to learn how to change the bearings every 2 or 3 years? 

Check out my videos about it on the V11  and amazing EUC bros too on Gotway wheels.   Also good info here: 

So Inmotion have learned nothing from the V11 problems?

V11 and V12 were developed side by side, only the launch of the V12 was delayed. So no, they didn’t have the chance to learn about the V11.

the inmotion waterproofing is fake news? 

If you have read somewhere that the V12 bearings were waterproofed, then yes, that source of yours was spreading wrong info.

You are aware though that the V12 does not have a hollow bore motor? That it uses similar axle design and bearing size that all EUCs before 2020 used? None of which ever had waterproofed bearings.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

As always thoughtfull comments from you mate. I thank you for that.  Its important that V12 is not a hollow motor which means the bearings are small and relatively inexpensive compared to the ones V11 use.  IP ratings is

IP raiting(body)IPX5

IP Raiting (battaries)IPX7

Source: https://eucsale.com/euc-transport/inmotion/inmotion-v12.html

Upgrading bearings accordingly is much easier to do in the factory -- and a royal pain to do for the end user. Its early days for V12 hopefully Inmotion will have lesss errors in the future.  So far there is only one bad V12 we know about. Maybe its the only one?  This video is very interesting: IPrating 5 should indicate the wheel should cope with low pressure water:   

On 10/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

So far there is only one bad V12 we know about.

I believe I read in a chat there is 3 known cases of bad bearings. One being ms.crusher.

I thought the bearings would be like the old wheels, which they are the small ones, but they must have went cheap or something 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Vancouver, and I was thinking about getting an EUC. I don't want to ride around in heavy rain per se. But if I don't use it on days where it *might* rain then I won't get to use it half the time. So I was focusing more on v11 or v12 and now this is spooking me a little. What happens if I have an issue? What's life like after bearing problems? 

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I've been riding my v11 in the rain and going through big puddles and have no issues so far. Been about a month.

After bearing problems, life is either like shipping your wheel back to your retailer to have their customer service fix it, bringing it to a local place to do the same, or spending about 6 hours learning how to do it yourself and doing it. You'd need some relatively basic tools and a big surface to work on.

• Like 1