Which Electric Unicycle is right for my situation??

I'm relatively new to EUC, I've been riding for about a month or two. Got the hang of it in less than 3 hours, Then I started riding everywhere on it .. I literally have a car and never thought I would leave my car behind and take this thing everywhere. 

So here's the dilemma- When I purchased the ninebot a1, I thought this was going to be super hard to learn and I needed something that I can drop 100 time and not care but like I said before I got the hanged of it really fast and I find myself pushing the ninebot but as you all know it's unable to deliver. As soon as I reach 10 MPH starts beeping and tilting back.

I live in Chicago, so it's a must for the wheel to be able to survive winter, rain, snow etc.. and the roads are not that great. 

I've been looking at the V11, almost ordered one last week but stopped myself once I saw the v12. I understand they're not the same wheel but the V12 range and speed and small form factor seems really nice. 

I'm relatively a small guy less than 130 lbs, I watched a lot of Yt videos and read a lot of articles, it seems the INMotion are better build and safer. So I'll like an inmotion wheel but like I've said before I'm in chicago. 

There's no store to go to and see these things or to try them out. and it seems once you order one. you're stuck with it. 

Let's not forget they're $2000+. So Can some pro/casual riders shed some light into which wheels will deliver. 

I'm not looking to get something that travel above 40 MPH, I feel like 40 is more than enough, I worry more about the bump on the roads. 

Tell me which EUC, you have and why- what push you towards that particular ones, was it speed, form factor, looks etc..

• Like 3

To do 40mph safely for very long, you need a 50mph wheel(35-40mph is fun and 'safe' enough on 35-40mph roads) . It sounds to me like you need be browsing at the larger wheels. Especially if you plan to take long trips rather than the car. Everyone has an opinion about whats the best, so I wont even bother with mine. I just caution you to get a little bigger than you think you will need. Along with wanting to go further and faster over time, you'll want the headroom in both power and range, for current intent. Sucks that wheels are in the $3k range now, but it is what it is. Be careful of adopting brand new models of wheels. At the very least, patron a store with some warranty and service records...

I ride the wheels I ride because they fit  certain 'needs' of mine and do it exactly as I hope. I wish one wheel could do it all, but I havent found it yet. My ride style is 80% street/20% wimpy off-road. I am also 130lbs. The scary tidbit is.. I easily take advantage of ALL the headroom my wheels have to offer. It is amazing how fast you can sag a wheel down. I ride like an old man too! :eff02be2d7:

To answer your question.

Mten because its small, flickable and was only $500.

18XL because it is simple, reliable, comfortable and keeps me happy at 5mph up to 28mph. Its my 'all purpose' wheel. I love the music and its just 'the right' wheel when I want to travel but not cross into speeds I have to focus too much.

Sherman because its got headroom so I can ride with traffic. It also feeds my need for 35+ mph.

All my wheels look cool. I must admit tho, the s18 looked the coolest...B)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

To do 40mph safely for very long, you need a 50mph wheel(35-40mph is fun and 'safe' enough on 35-40mph roads) . It sounds to me like you need be browsing at the larger wheels. Especially if you plan to take long trips rather than the car. Everyone has an opinion about whats the best, so I wont even bother with mine. I just caution you to get a little bigger than you think you will need. Along with wanting to go further and faster over time, you'll want the headroom in both power and range, for current intent. Sucks that wheels are in the $3k range now, but it is what it is. Be careful of adopting brand new models of wheels. At the very least, patron a store with some warranty and service records...

I ride the wheels I ride because they fit  certain 'needs' of mine and do it exactly as I hope. I wish one wheel could do it all, but I havent found it yet. My ride style is 80% street/20% wimpy off-road. I am also 130lbs. The scary tidbit is.. I easily take advantage of ALL the headroom my wheels have to offer. It is amazing how fast you can sag a wheel down. I ride like an old man too! :eff02be2d7:

To answer your question.

Mten because its small, flickable and was only $500.

18XL because it is simple, reliable, comfortable and keeps me happy at 5mph up to 28mph. Its my 'all purpose' wheel. I love the music and its just 'the right' wheel when I want to travel but not cross into speeds I have to focus too much.

Sherman because its got headroom so I can ride with traffic. It also feeds my need for 35+ mph.

All my wheels look cool. I must admit tho, the s18 looked the coolest...B)

wow, I never thought about it that way, I'm going to have to check back on all the wheels, and find the right one. I wish I could afford multiple wheels ,but truthfully, I can't So finding a wheel that will last and will get the job done is one of my top priority.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 6:49 PM, LoveAll said:

Let's not forget they're $2000+. So Can some pro/casual riders shed some light into which wheels will deliver. 

In the 2000 dollar range, you are pretty much choosing between the RS 19 and v12 if you want 40 mph. I really love my RS. I haven't ridden the v12 but the it is likely better if you have to deal with rain (even though the new RS is supposed to have improved bearings and water protection). I too am about 120-130 lbs, I got the Rs hs up to 47 mph under ideal conditions once... benefit of being light. If you are already thinking about 40 mph, you definitely shouldn't get one that goes slower than that. Gotway gets a lot of complaints, but most riders you see are riding them, so that says something. My Rs has held up really well in various tumbles, I just have to be careful in the rain (which again, the new RS has a new motor design that should be more waterproof).

On 9/30/2021 at 6:49 PM, LoveAll said:

Tell me which EUC, you have and why- what push you towards that particular ones, was it speed, form factor, looks etc..

I have an RS 19hs. I chose it because I wanted raw performance, for relatively cheap (relative to exn and sherman). So it was speed/power for me, although I do like how the RS looks. I initially wasn't sure if I wanted the MSP or the v11, until the RS was released (at which point I knew that was what I wanted). It had a hollow bore motor, looked better, and had better features than MSP. At the time the v12 hadn't been released yet, otherwise I probably would have bought that one (I am glad I went with the rs though. what Im saying is that at the time I would have bought the v12 because I was anticipating its release and got tired of waiting, but if I could go back and get it instead, I wouldn't, so I like the Rs better)

Edited by Menace

I know you want 40mph but that really limits your choice of wheel. It's also a terrifying speed to go at (I start to get terrified at 30mph) and on roads that aren't glass smooth then you're never going to get to that speed without crashing. The RS is very quick but it has had quite a few issues when ridden in the rain, it's the bearings that fail, so I'm not really sure that would be the right choice for you. The V11 is a great wheel and will cope with bumps well but it is a little fragile but if you don't crash that often it might suit. It is still a 30mph wheel but will briefly hit 35. The V12 would probably be the best choice but a Nikola+ is also fairly waterproof. Both these wheels will nearly hit 40mph. All these wheels are heavy though, if you ever have to lift them up stairs then it might be worth reconsidering. The new S20 should be an ideal wheel if it wasn't for the price, that it's brand new and nobody has tested it yet.

• Like 1

Truth be told, it's not like I'll be cruising at 40 mph every day, but since I'm looking for a method of transportation to go to work and school. I just want something that can do so. I don't want to make same mistake again, buy an euc and ended up regretting it because it doesn't satisfy my needs. I just wished these wheels was more accessible to average consumer like V11, V12, K s20 (not out yet), shermans, s18 etc.