Used v11 - How should seller remove themselves as owner? [solved]

Richardo

Hey all, I bought a used v11 and I can not 'lock' it, as I am not considered the owner. 

Unfortunately, the owner mailed it from about 800 miles away. Anyone know how to approach this? I'm still in contact with her, if it's possible for her to do something through the app without connecting to the wheel.

edit: I have heard someone can remove themselves as owner remotely, while using the app, even if it's not connected to the wheel via bluetooth. However, the seller can't figure out where to go to remove it.  Does anyone remember how to navigate the app menus when not connected to bluetooth or have a screenshot?

Edited by Richardo
more specific question
  • Like 1

• Richardo changed the title to Used v11 - How should seller remove themselves as owner?

Got this figured out, and more advice for anyone in my situation. 

First, forget about the other owner, and try taking ownership of the wheel yourself. 

1. Open the INMOTION app, sign in or create an account
  2. open the "ME" tab
  3. Tap under your username where it says 'no registered wheel' to pull up the Ownership Verification page
  4. enter your serial number there. (This is a case-sensitive text field!)

If that doesn't work, the current owner can follow those same steps to delete the wheel from their account. (app > me > tap the wheel under their username > ownership verification > trash can icon)

• Richardo changed the title to Used v11 - How should seller remove themselves as owner? [solved]