first taste of riding an euc....

lushipa

42 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Kudos, I had a pretty difficult time learning to ride ... at 42.

Same. I contend it took me a long time. My wife seems to think it didn't. All but distant memories now. I'm finally tolerable on a wheel.

@lushipa "fast" is relative it seems. Even tho my fastest euc is a mere 50mph, it still seems pretty quick. Fun times await!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

On 9/25/2021 at 12:06 AM, lushipa said:

now I have a taste of riding an euc. I was able to accelerate and decelerate, make the big circle, and ride thru the 6' gap between the nets. 

I'm stoked.

Congratulations! That is a good show for the 1st time out. You will be rolling large in no time.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:44 PM, UniBlab said:

OK I admit it - I am part of the 60+ Club - who else??? Don't be ashamed...............

61 ... riding 18 months ... could quit if I wanted to ... don't want to!

• Like 3

On 9/25/2021 at 3:44 PM, UniBlab said:

OK I admit it - I am part of the 60+ Club - who else??? Don't be ashamed...............

Funny how I get way too often the "oh that looks like fun but I'm too old for that" remark. I always reply with "you'd be surprised how many riders are in their 50's or 60's!" 

• Like 2

69. Bought my first EUC, a V8F 2 months ago, have a 115 miles on it now. After just a few minutes using a screened fence at a tennis court for support, I ventured away from the fence and somehow yaw steering by arm flailing (flail left to steer right and vice versa) to steer into direction of fall and to guide the EUC worked for me, doing laps around the tennis court, although it looked awkward. I moved to a location with a long straight (over 500 foot), still using support to mount and launch, and the V8F became stable at 6 to 8 mph, allowing me to work on leaning forwards|backwards for speed control, and learn how to tilt steer, having no clue how the V8F would respond to tilt steering. After a few passes, I was able to weave side to side, and the next day do large radius uturns. Free mount was the last basic step I learned.

Edited by rcgldr
  • Like 2

went out tonight at a local HS track. I heard the "beep". I have to check to see what it's set for. EUCworld showed max speed 20 mph which was fast. Lots of bugs here in Kellogg ID right now, glad for the fullface visored helmet. wrist guards. leatt body armor.

having a blast.

• Like 1