Has anyone attach a camera to the EUC?

Rodo

I experimented with the insta360 Go2 for a bit. Gives a cool, low, fast feeling view point but the battery doesn’t last all that long. Especially given how expensive it is. :unsure:

The sticky mount it comes with STICKS too. Reusable with a quick soap and water wash as well.

41 minutes ago, KNZ said:

I experimented with the insta360 Go2 for a bit. Gives a cool, low, fast feeling view point but the battery doesn’t last all that long. Especially given how expensive it is. :unsure:

The sticky mount it comes with STICKS too. Reusable with a quick soap and water wash as well.

Funny I saw a youtube guy (gold shawn farm) putting those on his farm animals and I thought about the EUC but the price and recording time was a no no.  Thanks though.

If you don't mind it NOT being a 360 cam, get a Gopro Hero5 Session. They are the perfect size to mount on a wheel. 

I don't recommend a 360 to mount on the wheel as if in the case you do crash or drop your wheel, say good by to the lenses.

I you want to see what 360 footage could look like when mounted on the wheel, check out a few of my vids on YT.

Link below in sig.

DSCN8387.jpg

I also have a front facing mount on my 18xl. A static pov front cam is a cool view but it is just a static view. I have vids on my channel of multcamera views on some boring rides. I do use my Max 360 most on a stick tho, as having to be aware of where I aim, is just too much damn effort and harshes the ride.

• Like 2

I don’t like holding selfie sticks, so I use an old Ricoh Theta 360 cam attached to a selfie stick attached to my wheel by way of velcro straps to get most of my camera footage. Not as worried about it getting damaged in a crash since it’s not a top of the line camera and is pretty reasonably priced on eBay should I need a replacement. The Ricoh Theta app lets you focus and crop the 360 footage to focus on whichever direction you want during scenes, though it doesn’t remove the selfie stick like for the Insta360 cameras.

So it’s nice to be able to focus on just riding, but then look through the footage afterwards. I try to apologize and give a heads up in advance to fellow group riders to be wary of the stick. It’s not long, but it’s long enough where you can’t ignore it completely. At least it prevents folks from riding up too close!

Here’s an example of some footage I’ve taken

I tried a dash cam camera on a bespoke mount I made myself.  It worked ok but the footage was a bit shaky on account of it picking up every bump on the road.  Plus the mount tended to bounce around as well (a work in progress).  Might have another crack at it tomorrow.

Personally I believe that rather than focus on a particular mount and leave it, the best solution is to mix up whatever you use. The only exception to this is a 360 cam on a stick because you can wave it around wherever you want and know that you can pick out some good footage during editing.

For me, I dont like riding with a stick all the time, its a pain in the ass and takes me away from my ride. Nor do I have a decent 360 cam as I'm a pauper, so I use a cheapo (old) GoPro Session 5, handheld most of the time. Sounds crazy but it allows me to point it wherever I want (most of the time) and I can get front, rear, low down, high up shots and most importantly its immediately where I want it. I do put it on a stick occasionally just to mix up the edit a bit but as I say its a pain. I'm not out to make a movie when I ride, I'm out to (selfishly) have a good time myself. If I can grab some footage too without too much effort then its a bonus.

All the above said, unless your wheel mounted cam is purely for evidential purposes I would stay away from using the footage in a 'ride' vid. Its shaky at best, and imo makes for the most boring videos ever.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Personally I believe that rather than focus on a particular mount and leave it, the best solution is to mix up whatever you use. The only exception to this is a 360 cam on a stick because you can wave it around wherever you want and know that you can pick out some good footage during editing.

For me, I dont like riding with a stick all the time, its a pain in the ass and takes me away from my ride. Nor do I have a decent 360 cam as I'm a pauper, so I use a cheapo (old) GoPro Session 5, handheld most of the time. Sounds crazy but it allows me to point it wherever I want (most of the time) and I can get front, rear, low down, high up shots and most importantly its immediately where I want it. I do put it on a stick occasionally just to mix up the edit a bit but as I say its a pain. I'm not out to make a movie when I ride, I'm out to (selfishly) have a good time myself. If I can grab some footage too without too much effort then its a bonus.

All the above said, unless your wheel mounted cam is purely for evidential purposes I would stay away from using the footage in a 'ride' vid. Its shaky at best, and imo makes for the most boring videos ever.

WHeel mounted cams can look good too. The biggest thing is you MUST have a cam with great stabilization. Shaky footage makes me ill and most people dont like it. Too much wheel mount footage DOES get boring, but i think it also can add excitement. A couple vids I've made had 360 cam view and split wheel view. I think it gives people a taste of being ON the wheel and floating. Camera views with rider in them, sort of make the video a 3rd person thing. As @Planemo its more about mixing it up. I've reached a point where its not camera angles that are the problem, its lack of content. Im also selfish and prefer focusing on my ride more than filming. A really quick way to ruin the fun of a ride, is to use 3 cams and have to f**k with a drone..

This ride was using an on wheel cam on the sherman(at times) and a 360 on a stick... This was the largest group ride ever at ShanesPlanet..

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 24/9/2021 at 18:50, Rodo said:

Hola a todos,

Me pregunto qué cámara se podría usar. Sin embargo, no me interesan las cámaras montadas en el casco. Estoy pensando en una cámara montada en el EUC, sí así de baja, LOL. 

GraciaS

It depends a lot on the Unicycle you have, to see where it can be installed and that it fits very well. 

But there are several options.

The first option is the insta 360 one X2, it is aquatic and is not affected by water like other cameras

The second option is The brand Go pro, specifically the Hero 9 also has water protection and the two cameras have very good stabilization, to be able to go through any type of terrain. 

There are really cheap action cameras but they do not have stabilization when recording and also that if a drop of water falls on it they are very easily damaged.