What is the difference between the V1 and V2 Shermans?

Hey all, I'm looking to buy a used wheel, and I don't know what the difference is between the versions of the Sherman. 

I know the V2 has black buttons on top, and the V1 has blue buttons under a wider glass screen, but aside from that?

6 hours ago, Richardo said:

I know the V2 has black buttons on top, and the V1 has blue buttons under a wider glass screen, but aside from that?

There were some subtle physical changes made, besides what you mentioned already namely: very slightly higher pedals (via a change to the pedal hanger's axle mount position. Veteran had promised a 1cm height increase (but unfortunately, this Only works out to be a Real World 0.5cm when comparing Old & New pedal hangers side by side!)

The other change, was to a wider 60mm wheel rim (up from 40mm wide), which in some cases have proven much easier to break/crack if abused or the wheel is jumped frequently!

Other than those 2 changes, you may find that there could also have been a control board version change (dependant on when the Sherman was manufactured), but All control board versions can be updated to the very latest 1.0.58. firmware (OTA at your own risk), so that's a non issue really!

Hope this helps.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

I thought it was only the V3 that had the wider rim?

The wider 60mm rim was quite early on in the upgrade process (I think around March 2021, possibly slightly earlier January/February), spurred on by an approach to Veteran by @Jason McNeil (eWheels) due to a spate of tires coming off the 40mm rim!

Initially, when the Sherman's shipped with the upgraded Red buttons/waterproof display (now replaced with Black buttons) they could also be distinguished by the pedal hanger and wider 60mm wide rim upgrade IIRC!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1