:/ first time falling... Newbie in a gotway msuper v2

eried

On 10/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, supercurio said:

Oh boy it was painful to watch :o

For now, it's best to keep in mind that on several wheel models, even tilt-back can be ignored - or not even triggered in some scenarios before the wheel is over-powered or over-leaned into a crash.

Wishing you good recovery @eried
I'm surprised that despite your painful learning experience you chose text in the video that's kind of misleading, the wheel doesn't "empirically shuts off" at some speeds as if it was some kind of failure. Instead in this case there is no doubt it was 100% user error, starting with your hardware modification.

Question tho, what feedback or alert mechanism do you think would have kept you safe here?
Literally a voice telling you to slow down? Strong tilt-back shifting your balance under you forcing you to reduce speed?

I'm currently working on a beeper alert app for Gotway wheels and I wonder what kind of better alert mechanism could have worked in this situation.

Hi! I think just some clear info about what things do. Some well writing english manual.

For example, It is impossible to find what is "madden mode" switching, etc, everything seems to be stuff that the community has discovered via trial an error. In this case since my crappy airwheel x3 tilts me back I assumed that was going to happen when the wheel was overpowered :( ...wrongly of course.

I am fully recovered now :D 

Edited by eried
  • Like 1

I just stumbled on this thread today. Yet another new rider learning the hard way that EUC is not an institutional device to understand. 

just a few things one can agree more or less to these things but you can't think of speed only. it is the power to keep balance at any time. This will be something you over time will get an idea of. But this takes time. The guy from the video discussed this in another video but I just could spot this when posting here. 

Edited by Unventor