My unicycle

Cee

Hi Guys

I've just joined this forum, I had no idea it existed until I was doing research because My King Song Unicycle has just been seized by the police, so I wonder if anybody knows what I can do to claim it back, do I have any power by law?  

Is there any company that does insurance for them 

• Like 1

Lawyer up....   Problem is, itll more than likely cost you more than the wheel is worth. If the law specificlly states they are illegal and you were in violation.... Well, it may be cheaper to buy another wheel, dress in darker clothing and stay in the shadows.  Sorry to hear about this happening to you. :ph34r:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

It is hard for me to imagine living in a place where they can just take your stuff. Drugs and guns I can understand, but an EUC? Here we would be told to stop doing that. Then seriously stop doing that then they would fine $50 dollars. Then fine use $50 ……………………

• Like 1

Perhaps make contact with the office of your Member of Parliament for Birmingham, Shabana Mahmood.

Her office staff might be able to assist and act on your behalf.

Might help if you are able to mention any evidence of community activities like:

charity/volunteering work

helping disadvantaged

bravery awards

etc

30 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

It is hard for me to imagine living in a place where they can just take your stuff. Drugs and guns I can understand, but an EUC? Here we would be told to stop doing that. Then seriously stop doing that then they would fine $50 dollars. Then fine use $50 ……………………

We do live in an AMAZING place, but they also tend to take our stuff sometimes. Go visit the police evidence room of any metropolitan station and you'd realize that our leo collects things too. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

You would have been given paperwork from the police so I suggest you read it for more information about the procedures.

Details are also available on this link to reclaim a vehicle:  https://west-midlands.police.uk/services/vehicle-recovery although this is for normal vehicles (not plev's) it may help.

Edited by The Brahan Seer
  • Like 2

The whole PLEV seizure stuff in the UK seems very odd to me. It was always the case that you couldn't collect a seized car (for example) without proof of valid driving licence and insurance. Obviously we can't do this with PLEV's, so it seems the rozzers are simply 'handing back' PLEV's, albeit with maybe a seizure and storage charge. Does seem to fly in the face of their own rules though. Of course I'm not moaning, its better than never being able to get your wheel back.

• Like 1

The only silver lining with the UK is they call personal electric vehicles PLEV's the L stands for Light which means they could easily have another category like they have for goods vehicles, HGV's (Heavy Goods Vehicles for rest of world). I would be very happy if they also make room for PHEV's which EUC's would be. I know wishful thinking!

• Like 2

EUCs are illegal as heck in my country too. Strangely enough I have ridden past the police at least half a dozen times by now and they could have stopped me easily each time but I never heard a peep from them, even though the police in Bavaria has a reputation of being the toughest and strictest by far of all German states. I wonder if it is that Segway/e-kick scooter number plate I have mounted under the taillight. It DOES make my V10F look super official and legit!

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mhpr262 said:

I wonder if it is that Segway/e-kick scooter number plate I have mounted under the taillight. It DOES make my V10F look super official and legit!

I don't know about your area.

COPs in general don't really know the laws and hate more than anything being made a fool. 

It reminds me of the guy that said that he can go ANYWHERE if he is carrying a ladder. It makes him look official. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

COPs in general don't really know the laws and hate more than anything being made a fool. 

It reminds me of the guy that said that he can go ANYWHERE if he is carrying a ladder. It makes him look official. 

I dont really know why they are so lenient. Just yesterday I rode right past a group of three on the sidewalk, on foot, who were busting people in a 30km/h school zone with a laser gun. They didnt even see the plate from the front but they didnt stop me. In the afternoon two more cops in a car rode past me while I was waiting to cross the road, with one foot on the pedal. They didnt see the plate either but they also didnt bother. I live in dread of that day when one of them bothers to look up the relevant laws and informs his colleagues. I think I am the only person in my town of 40.000 people and the surrounding county that rides one of those things. I have a suspicion I have become a local "celebrity" over the last year so there will be no running from the law, LOL

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Add a safety vest and glasses to this and it's absolutely true lol! 

• Like 3