Stop Bashing Kingsong S18

FrenchUsa

MY complaints were valid. I'm glad you enjoy yours, but it doesnt exactly undermine the things I noticed. Pricing a new wheel at $3k, doesnt exactly mean a $2k wheel is all a sudden a great value. The euc companies are pushing the prices to see what we will pay. If they come out with a $7k wheel, does that all a sudden make any $5k wheel a steal?  You come off somewhat condescending, as I'm sure I typically do. Some of us have ridden a few types of wheels and have a grasp on expectations.  Some of us have high expectations that are possible to meet but hasnt happened yet. There are a lot of wheels being sold that AREN'T the s18 and theres valid reasons for that. "issues" with wheels are issues. You can't flippantly undermine their importance, simply because you view them as minor. Some people may be okay with buying a NEW vehicle that is missing screws and binding parts. Some of us are not.

I too hope the s20 is a step up in a few areas. However, until I ride one, you won't catch me making ANY statements about how much better it is than a simple bar of soap. You ARE going to be one of those Guinea Pigs, if you are a first adopter. I too have had my hopes high on preorders. Since then I have decided to let a company prove their product, before I get all excited. I hope you love the s20, I really do. Euc warranties are NOT like car warranties. Its good to have them, but don't place TOO much faith in it.

As for pads and power, I think you assume things you havent any experience in..

*On a side note... using hands signals may be a good idea, so the cars know your intent at intersections :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 11:23 AM, mrelwood said:

For those who don’t want to listen to 20 minutes of wind noise and to follow somewhat incoherent trains of thought, here’s a recap:

You are comparing the S18 (introduced in 2020) with the V10F (introduced in 2017) based only on your personal experiences on one single unit of either. I would’ve expected comparisons with wheels of the same generation and price group.

You love your S18 so much that you already paid a downpayment for the S20 before it was even a full prototype. To me it sounds like you can’t get off the S18 fast enough.

You rant about people unfairly complaining about the weak motor power of the S18, then go on ranting about people wanting to have custom side pads because you don’t think it would be safe due to the amount of motor power.

Then you mentioned that you had an issue with your S18, but that it really wasn’t too bad. You never mentioned what the issue was.

Then I think you talked about the S18 suspension, but your voice was trembling so much on the small cracks on flat pavement that I couldn’t make out what you were saying.

I didn’t see the suspension mechanism on your S18 moving anywhere else but when riding down a curb. If that is sufficient for you, that’s amazing. But many of us expect and demand so much more from our wheels.

You say the other day the battery was at 35% after 27 miles. On the video you only rode the S18 on flat roads, mostly at a steady speed. You also look like a very light person. I think your range figures are perfectly normal in your use case with an 1100Wh battery.

(As a reference, one local rider here developed range anxiety on the S18 two weeks after learning to ride. He weighs about 210lbs and rides at speeds and riding dynamics that you’d expect for a relatively fast learner at 2 weeks.)

Then you advertise your other videos.

All in all, you could’ve typed the points you were trying to make in a fraction of the length of this post.

This is either an unintentionally humorous response to people who complain about the S18 shortcomings (without representing any data, facts, statistics etc, or even any new or otherwise considerable points of view), or a clickbait for more views, or maybe even a desperate attempt to find something to talk about to get a promised weekly video out.

I’m sorry to be blunt, but this was a complete waste of my time.

Maybe it was waste of your time but you have to say something about it! lmao. 

13 minutes ago, FrenchUsa said:

Maybe it was waste of your time but you have to say something about it! lmao. 

If your video was meant as a conversation stopper, maybe posting a link on a discussion forum and allowing video comments weren’t the best of ideas.

If you meant to take part in the conversation with your personal thoughts on things, you posted it on the correct place. And if it fuels conversation, take part!

• Like 1