Full faced helmet - TSG Pass - Hearing the beeps?

Hey!

As I´ve been riding my 16X more or less every day since I got it this summer, I´ve become more and more skilled and confident in my riding, and that leads to more speed, and hearing the beeps go off more often. I always respect the beeps, BUT, as I am getting the TSG Pass helmet (or at least trying to find one), I´m wondering if anyone on here uses one, and if they can hear the beeps while using it? I love that it greatly reduces wind noise, but will I have to sacrifice my safety by not being able to hear the beeps through it??
I also dont want to rely on having to connect the wheel to my phone and use the phone as an alarm (vibrating with the beeps).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Ok. 

How about using a small, compact blue tooth speaker like a JBL Go Mini?

Attach with silicone and velcro tape.

Have the volume set very loud.

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Waterproof-Portable-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B07QJ2117B/ref=sr_1_7?crid=DW62Q75TYGA6&dchild=1&keywords=jbl+go+4&qid=1631702239&sprefix=jbl+go%2Caps%2C435&sr=8-7

$39.95

Item Dimensions      3.8 x 1.45 x 4.21 inches

Item Weight  6.56 ounces

819lePgKOTL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Used to use a BT speaker, but made the jump to the helmet BT Cardo Packtalk Black edition. Hear everything so clearly now. Don't have to have loud and you can still hear your surroundings because the helmet speakers aren't right up against or plugging your ears. I was weary before purchasing, but beeps and music are so clear now and you can use voice commands to change songs, radio stations, answer/ ignore calls

I use the pass helmet with a motorbike Bluetooth camera and speaker, sena 10c pro. Fits well, no marks on helmet, HD loop recording and Bluetooth. Doesn’t take long to power/pair, easy set up. 
I like this set up because I know I hear the beeps. 
can you maybe set tilt back to kick in instead? So you feel the warning rather than hear? 

9 hours ago, Dreygun said:

Used to use a BT speaker, but made the jump to the helmet BT Cardo Packtalk Black edition. Hear everything so clearly now. Don't have to have loud and you can still hear your surroundings because the helmet speakers aren't right up against or plugging your ears. I was weary before purchasing, but beeps and music are so clear now and you can use voice commands to change songs, radio stations, answer/ ignore calls

This. 

I use my dirt bike helmet w/a Cardo Palk Talk Slim, lets me listen to music quietly and hear the warning beeps from the wheell (and phone calls from the wife....Come Home!!")

Clearly you guys seem to really like using different methods involving bluetooth, and thats cool and all, and I appreciate your advice :) 

However, I do not want any tech connecting to anything on my rides. I want to push the power button on my wheel, and go............Thats it. No need to charge any other device, connect, pair, sync, attach, whatever it may be ^^

I was hoping someone using the TSG Pass could share their experiences with the helmet, mostly sound wise (and all other experiences really, sizing, field of view, fogging etc)

Cheers! :)

I've had a tsg pass for a few months, but returned it because it had terrible wind noises, reason for this: between the visor and helmet was a gap of allmost 5mm.

I've probably had bad luck but since it was difficult finding one, I asked for a refund.

I bought the Large version, but putting it on was pretty difficult, I think an XL would have been better.

All my other helmets are Large.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:16 AM, JohnnyWheels said:

However, I do not want any tech connecting to anything on my rides.

I am afraid there is no easy solution. You could install a louder and better positioned beeper (shooting in your face from the top of the EUC). I ride a 16S in a half-helmet at <15mph and still sometimes don't hear the beeps if I am near a busy street. However, you would still need to toggle the superloud beeper on and off depending on your environment. 

You could rely on tiltback alone or get a wheel with a higher topspeed, but you would still start riding close to max at some point. Perhaps manufacturers will eventually develop some tactile/vibrational feedback (something like a small tiltback with a simple recognizable pattern). Another, much simpler route would be allow customizable light signals (e.g. blinking headlight or using a dedicated alarm LED)

At the current state I would still resort to bluetooth solutions, especially if you plan a helmet which partially obstructs your hearing. The main drawback is not the hassle of connecting, but rather the fragility and lagginess of the setup (your phone gets EUC data over bluetooth, decides to alarm and then sends the alarm sound over another BT connection to your speaker)

I've done most of my 16x riding in a Bell Super DH that strongly amplifies sound but did pick up an HTC moto helmet for the winter. I too am mildly concerned about not being able to hear the beeps but run with alarms 1 and 2 off. Only alarm 3 is on and is set to 24 mph. I thought I set tiltback to 25 mph but don't remember if that's linked to alarm 3 or not... probably is and I'm really hitting tiltback at 24 mph! (which is fine, headroom on the 16x is scarce up there!)

I'll see what things sound like in a visored helmet "shortly", but am not expecting to be able to hear them at 24 mph.

Folks around here mostly ride with TSG and while I haven't heard any complaints about not hearing beeps, there are precious few 16x riders—most are on fast wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

This haptic feedback device might be good for hearing the beeps at high speed...

https://www.woojer.com/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=UK&utm_campaign=HolidaySale&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIobK4veeu8wIVg-7tCh0pDAsWEAAYASAAEgIgQvD_BwE