Quackery

Paul A

30 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Science "tells" us both, but it's noisy as hell, because it's made by humans. And humans make errors... And sometimes they even lie.

I dislike when people talk down to "lay people", as if "doctors" and "scientists" were some kind of godly creatures. But only those who agree with us are godly! Wrong-thinkers are evil.
It leads to censorship of wrong-think - for example virologist dr. Robert Malone got suspended on LinkedIn for being skeptical about Covid vaccines.

The truth is, you'll find an expert/doctor for any opinion you can think of. So "trust the experts/doctors" means essentially nothing. There is no scientific consensus on this topic.

There is. There are just a few outliers that don't agree. Same with climate change denial.

The numbers don't lie. I see it where I live, there is a direct correlation with the amount of vaccinations in a city and the number of infections. If you make a map on which every city has % vaccinated in color coding and then take the same map with number of infections / 100K people in the last 7 days, they are nearly identical.

The only hospitals that are getting crowded are those in region with a low vaccination uptake. That's a fact. You can't deny that vaccines work. Do they work 100%? NO Is any medicine/vaccine 100% effective? NO. 

It's like saying "don't wear seatbelts because I know people that still died in a car crash and they were wearing one. Moreover my uncle's friend's father didn't wear his and he would be dead had he worn it in his accident!".

###

I identify as a tinkerer and an engineer. I care about what works in practice. And I think it's a goddamn shame that we didn't test ALL substances that are safe and suspected of working.

They do conduct a lot of tests. I just don't get this horse dewormer conspiracy. I could understand it if it was in 1 country where there is a lot of corruption. But you can't pull this shit of globally (nor any other conspiracy). The city council can't even agree on something and it takes long debates before deciding the stupidest of things, but here we have hundreds of thousands of people that are all conspiring against society? Makes no sense.

There were 42mln confirmed covid cases in the US. That could've been 4200 randomized-control trials with 10k people in each one... But no! Why? Maybe it would cut into someone's profits?

There is more to the world than the US. Moreover, a lot of those people recovered without experimental medicine.

My faith in "Science" was lost in this pandemic. And government institutions are failing all over the place.

If it has proven one thing, it is that science can do amazing things, if we want to. The fact that we have several working vaccines, using completely different technologies, in such a short time span, is one example.

Just now, Paul A said:

Clinical trials are expensive to conduct properly.

Cost is not only in terms of money. Cost in terms of time and lives lost.

Limited resources of laboratory time, human expertise time, money, equipment, researchers, analysts etc...... perhaps not feasible to conduct unlimited Randomized Control Trials.

Scientific papers need to be peer reviewed for publication.

What's your point here? Are you saying there shouldn't be clinical trials for various substances because they are too expensive?

As for cost... How many clinical studies could $1bln buy? It's nothing compared to what US spends on other things...

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

However, there is a more indirect way that's probably more accurate; simply compare the total number of deaths of a covid-19 year with a recent non covid-19 year. And that number is 20% higher for the US, about 40% higher for Spain/France, and about 10 times higher for India. That's a good indication that mortality rate for covid-19 is about 3% in a young healthy and fit population, and upwards of 40% in the least healthy population, if you look at who is dying.

Same here. We had a lot more deaths in 2020. Now we're back at the levels pre-pandemic (we do not see a LOWER amount now, so it's not as if "people that had to die anyway" just died one year earlier).

3 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

And so far, the data strongly supports recovered vaccinated people having fairly serious symptoms. Scrambled eggs for brains and permanently injured lungs seems the lot for 40% (?!) of recovered patients. That's a lot more...about 20 times more...than people recovering from flu.

unvaccinated I suppose?

Numbers here indicate 10% have long Covid. That includes people that never saw a hospital.

How vaccines work:

Vaccines contain weakened or inactive parts of a particular organism (antigen) that triggers an immune response within the body.

How do the newer technology mRNA vaccines work:

Newer vaccines contain the blueprint for producing antigens rather than the antigen itself.

Limited resources. 

Produce vaccines then test them.

Do not pursue various substances .

Vaccines have historically eliminated, eradicated such diseases as: 

Rubella, Polio, Small Pox, Tetanus, Dengue fever, Typhoid.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

unvaccinated I suppose?

Numbers here indicate 10% have long Covid. That includes people that never saw a hospital.

Oops, I had Republican brain fart.

The 10% long covid-19 figure is highly understated, as people given cognitive tests before and after covid-19 all seem to do slightly to significantly worse. Same thing with college athletes; their athletic capacity is dramatically lower. Extrapolating that to the general population seems to indicate we're underestimating the long term severity of contracting covid-19.

I have noticed that unvaccinated professional athletes that get covid-19 seem wrecked beyond belief. That makes me suspect that, without exception, this virus permanently injures you. 

16 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

There is. There are just a few outliers that don't agree. Same with climate change denial.

Oh, you'll find much, MUCH more scientists and doctors skeptical of Covid vaccines than of climate change. These two aren't even remotely comparable.
And the fact you're believing it only shows how effective the echo-chambers are.

The numbers don't lie. I see it where I live, there is a direct correlation with the amount of vaccinations in a city and the number of infections. If you make a map on which every city has % vaccinated in color coding and then take the same map with number of infections / 100K people in the last 7 days, they are nearly identical.

The only hospitals that are getting crowded are those in region with a low vaccination uptake. That's a fact. You can't deny that vaccines work. Do they work 100%? NO Is any medicine/vaccine 100% effective? NO.

Did I ever deny that Covid vaccines work? NO. Please don't put words into my mouth. ;)
I already said that I'll tackle the "risk/benefit of vaccination" topic tomorrow. Then we'll be able to argue about data.

Please, let's keep this discussion straw-man free. The data about climate change and seat-belts is far clearer than about Covid vaccines.

They do conduct a lot of tests. I just don't get this horse dewormer conspiracy. I could understand it if it was in 1 country where there is a lot of corruption. But you can't pull this shit of globally (nor any other conspiracy). The city council can't even agree on something and it takes long debates before deciding the stupidest of things, but here we have hundreds of thousands of people that are all conspiring against society? Makes no sense.

Ivermectin is a drug that's taken by humans. Calling it a horse dewormer is a stupid attempt to defame it. Please attack it with data, not slander.
Why not call it "anti-parasitic drug essential to prevent River Blindness with 4bln doses administered so far"?

Countries and regions are slowly adopting it. Governments are just slow to act and extremely conservative. What "conspiracy" are you suggesting here?

There is more to the world than the US. Moreover, a lot of those people recovered without experimental medicine.

That's why you look at recovery/hospitalization/deaths in two randomized groups to find differences. Hell, even placebo control wouldn't be too hard to do.
After the test is positive, drop them pills and after a week phone in to ask how are they doing. A lot of work, but not outrageously so. Even interns could do it.

IMO it's a damning thing that no wealthy country funded mass trials.

If it has proven one thing, it is that science can do amazing things, if we want to. The fact that we have several working vaccines, using completely different technologies, in such a short time span, is one example.

I 100% agree. My concerns are about safety/efficacy of these specific Covid vaccines, not technology itself.

Possibilities that immediately come to my mind are:
- Diabetes - one injection every year instead of daily, mRNA makes artificial beta-cells
- Cochlear hair regrowth - to combat tinnitus
- Lactose intolerance - similar to Thought Emporium, but a pill every year

❤️

Edited by atdlzpae

14 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

That's just nonsense.

You talk about this from an American point of view. No way every hospital in every country in the entire world would fake covid deaths. Why would they? Not every country runs a "for profit" health care system, yet the results of the disease are the same everywhere.

Pretty sure number one is pure nonsense and hearsay. "I know a friend who has an uncle who ...".

:facepalm: 1) was my friend. He unknowingly had COVID at the time of his death. They marked his death as COVID.  2) was the Godfather of my children. He spent 10 years in and out of the hospital because of heart problems. They marked him as a COVID death. ( 70 years old ) His wife questioned the report. She said she wanted more information as to why it was listed as COVID. They responded oops, we made a mistake and changed it.  3) My daughters grandfather ( in-law). He was given a year to live. He lived almost two years. AFTER hospice arrived he got COVID and died. 

It is no secret that they were listing people that died with COVID as people that died of COVID.

• Like 2

CDC website.

Diseases You Almost Forgot About (Thanks to Vaccines)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html

Polio

Tetanus

Influenza

Hepatitis B

Hepatitis A

Rubella (German measles)

Hib

Measles

Whooping Cough (Pertussis)

Pneumococcal Disease

Rotavirus

Mumps

Chickenpox

Diphtheria

What is the difference between elimination and eradication of a disease?
Eradication refers to the reduction to zero (or a very low defined target rate) of new cases in a defined geographical area.
Elimination refers to the complete and permanent worldwide reduction to zero new cases of the disease through deliberate efforts.

2 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

@Paul A I am not opposed to vaccines. I have had more vaccines than the average person by far. The US government used me a guinea pig for several years while I served in the military. I was one of the first people to get the chickenpox vaccine. I am all for the vaccines you listed. The flu shot and the COVID vaccine are something entirely different.  

What if they just mixed these vaccines with erectile dysfunction and head hair regrowth drugs? And gave it out free?

I'm curious as to what would happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LanghamP said:

What if they just mixed these vaccines with erectile dysfunction and head hair regrowth drugs? And gave it out free?

I'm curious as to what would happen. 

:roflmao:I don’t know. Good point though. People will take drugs for anything not worrying about side effects. ….. Not me, 52 years old and not a single pill bottle. Maybe Ibuprofen once a month after a hard days work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

RockyTop, even though it is not the USA here, we all owe so much, thank you for your service.

I had it easy. Chalk dust and paper cuts.  I do know many brave men and women that sacrificed much and I appreciate the thought for them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul A said:

Diseases You Almost Forgot About (Thanks to Vaccines)

What is the difference between elimination and eradication of a disease?

Eradication refers to the reduction to zero (or a very low defined target rate) of new cases in a defined geographical area.
Elimination refers to the complete and permanent worldwide reduction to zero new cases of the disease through deliberate efforts.

We won't eradicate Covid with vaccines, just like we didn't eradicate flu, common colds nor HIV. Eradication requires a sterilizing vaccine, while Covid/HIV/flu vaccines are leaky.

So far Covid follows the same pattern as flu - it infects a huge chunk of the population -> population gets natural herd immunity -> Covid variant essentially dies -> new variant arises.
It happened with ancestral strain from China, it happened with Alpha, it will happen with Delta. And every new strain escapes immunity just a little bit better.

That's like 10'th link you've pasted verbatim without providing any context. Can you please tell where we disagree? Where exactly am I wrong?

Edited by atdlzpae

12 hours ago, RockyTop said:

:roflmao:I don’t know. Good point though. People will take drugs for anything not worrying about side effects. ….. Not me, 52 years old and not a single pill bottle. Maybe Ibuprofen once a month after a hard days work.

Since the pandemic started I went from only D3 to the whole Periodic Table. :D
Vit. D, K2, B, E, A, C, potassium, magnesium, Creatine, NAC, EGCG, Quercetin, Curcumin, Theanine, Coffeine, zinc, q10, Choline...

supplements.thumb.jpeg.f2a9d2a0a687ec5f92da09a0475f7416.jpeg

My Geiger counter beeps in fear every time I come close... Help!

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

The Atlantic, September 10, 2021

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/09/sterilizing-immunity-myth-covid-19-vaccines/620023/

"COVID-19 vaccines were never going to give us sterilizing immunity; it’s possible they never will."

Vaccinated people can still contract Covid.

The vaccine(s) will prevent death, greatly reduce the severity of illness.

Scientific American, January 18, 2021

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/vaccines-need-not-completely-stop-covid-transmission-to-curb-the-pandemic1/

"Although many vaccines widely used today (against measles, for example) produce very effective sterilizing immunity, others, such as the hepatitis B vaccine, do not."

"Sterilizing immunity may have been a lofty goal for COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers, though not necessary to curb disease."

Not necessary to produce a sterilizing vaccine.

Current Covid vaccines will prevent death.

_________

Phil Valentine.  American conservative radio talk show host.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Valentine

"On July 11, 2021, Valentine announced he had COVID-19.[36][37] To battle the illness, Valentine took Vitamin D and the anti-parasite drug ivermectin despite warnings against the medication by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.[38][39] After contracting COVID-19, Valentine regretted not being vaccinated against the illness and that his criticism of the COVID-19 vaccination caused listeners of his radio program to not be vaccinated.[40] Valentine was placed on mechanical ventilation on July 28, 2021.[41][42] His brother, Mark, announced on July 30, 2021 that Valentine required extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), which acts as an artificial lung and heart for the body.[43] Valentine died of complications of COVID-19 on August 21, 2021."

Phil Valentine chose not to be vaccinated.

He was taking Ivermectin.

He died on August 21, 2021.

The Washington Post

September 10, 2021

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/10/moderna-most-effective-covid-vaccine-studies/

Unvaccinated people were 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, CDC report finds

People who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were more than 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, than those who were fully vaccinated, according to one of three major studies published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that highlight the continued efficacy of all three vaccines amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

The virus has killed more than 650,000 people in the United States, with about 1,500 average daily deaths for the past eight days — a toll not seen since early March, according to data analyzed by The Washington Post.

I’ve been taking ivermectin since January 2021, and can confirm that for me, my neighbours on three sides, my postman and others I know is that it is indeed safe to take. To date, none of us has succumbed to the virus, though my partner’s brother and wife (taking ivermectin) shared their house with their son (who was not taking ivermectin) when he recently  caught the (highly infectious) delta variant from his workplace colleague.

This is how ivermectin works (modes of function) against SARS COV 2 (begins in earnest around 07:30): 

Apropos India: 

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/indias-ivermectin-blackout/article_e3db8f46-f942-11eb-9eea-77d5e2519364.html

Apropos Autopsies:  https://rumble.com/vkopys-a-pathologist-summary-of-what-these-jabs-do-to-the-brain-and-other-organs.html

On 9/7/2021 at 3:42 PM, Paul A said:

Yes, was meaning people not listening to doctors, but choosing to listen to quackery from conspiracy theorists.

Any specific ‘quacks’ you may have in mind? Bear in mind that Anthony Fauci has never treated a single Covid patient, just sayin’…

On 9/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, LanghamP said:

Autopsy reports usually have a direct cause, a proximate cause, and finally contributing factors. When I used to compile mortality tables for the hospitals I used to work, I usually had a look up table that would group certain proximate causes into direct cause groups (for example, cardio infractions are put under heart disease which in turn is often put under the host of diseases known as old age).

Hence, covid-19 antibodies or presence could be construed as "let's blame covid-19 for any death if it's at all present."

That it isn't construed as such is simply the way covid-19 deaths occur; failing lungs due to blood clots and the resulting plunging oxygen rate (confirmed via intubated and an oxygen meter) is specific to covid-19 and not to old age, motorcycle wrecks, and cancers.

However, there is a more indirect way that's probably more accurate; simply compare the total number of deaths of a covid-19 year with a recent non covid-19 year. And that number is 20% higher for the US, about 40% higher for Spain/France, and about 10 times higher for India. That's a good indication that mortality rate for covid-19 is about 3% in a young healthy and fit population, and upwards of 40% in the least healthy population, if you look at who is dying.

My guess, based upon compiling longitudinal reports of people who have been seriously ill in the past, is that within a decade or so all these unvaccinated people that survived covid-19 are going to have a whole bunch of diseases that their vaccinated counterparts have less of. And so far, the data strongly supports recovered unvaccinated people having fairly serious symptoms. Scrambled eggs for brains and permanently injured lungs seems the lot for 40% (?!) of recovered patients. That's a lot more...about 20 times more...than people recovering from flu.

There hasn’t been an instance yet recorded where a patient treated early with ivermectin has gone on to have suffered from long Covid. See Professor Hector Carvallo of Buenos Aires, Argentina’s two interviews given on the whiteboard doctor, and others where he has talked. The means of function of ivermectin prevent viral reproduction of SARS COV2, as shown in the videos above, and is widely understood and accepted as such. Professor Carvallo  and his team funded their own research, and brought their findings to the attention of one of your esteemed US medical journals. If you watch the videos on Whiteboard Doctor, you will find out what happened thereafter.  Here’s the link to the first:

It may well be a guess that you make. I personally know two people who have suffered the brain fog and debilitation you describe post recovery from Covid but upon receiving their first (and only!) vaccine jab. I know personally a health professional here who is treating the symptoms of several people similarly affected by post-vaccine toxicity, not long Covid. As such, I think you may find the endgame you describe may rather be the fate of those taking the vaccine. Did anyone also mention the 16% reduction in fertility of the lab rats given the vaccination in the trials? Pfizer did indeed report this, but it seems not to have gathered much attention, just sayin’. 

Consider this: https://www.bitchute.com/video/elet6CG5wtEB/

Gotta ask oneself: what is it with these otherwise highly respected experts in their field that prompts them to ‘sully’ their careers at the closing stage by all saying basically the same things concerning the dangers inherent in the vaccines?

Apropos vaccine passports: Help me out here: which party is the moron - 

a) those applying for a ‘stifkate which only affords to one entry to a place to possibly get Covid exclusively from other double vaccinated people, which by definition must be a breakthrough-type of variant, be it the delta, or another newer, possibly even more infectious variant yet,

or 

b) the people issuing them, and thereby enabling this continuation of the breakthrough virus‘ spread and mutation?

Or does this ‘stifkate actually somehow prevent the spread of the virus? And if so, why don’t they work in eg Israel, or Iceland, or indeed everywhere else where doubly vaccinated people are still catching and spreading the ever-evolving breakthrough variants of the virus, to others, be they vaccinated or non-vaccinated?

Any notion that somehow the vaccinated are shedding less and/or less potent virus than the unvaccinated is ‘challenged’ by real world data. To imagine that a vaccine passport is somehow going to permit the holder access to Covid-free, or ‘friendly Covid’ venues is delusional.

Take a look at the UK daily rate per million, and compare it to somewhere else where there is a lower vaccinated total, either here in Europe, or compared to somewhere like the USA: the evidence suggests there are just as many if not more vaccinated people spreading the virus than unvaccinated. The countering argument that ‘because we have so many vaccinated here we will get more breakthrough incidences’ merely serves to confirm the ineffectiveness of both (leaky)vaccines in helping to stop the pandemic, and, by association, vaccine passports.

Finally, apropos ‘quackery’: see bioresonance under Wikipedia: my partner suffered a shellfish allergy where she would have buzzing fingers from even touching or shelling langoustines, etc, and blew up like a guppy if she actually ate any shellfish of any kind; a partner of a returning hunting guest was one of Germany’s leading homeopathic healers, specialising in? - bioresonance. She did not like my partner, my partner wasn’t keen on her, but nevertheless both agreed to see what could be done. One forty five minute treatment later, my partner ate grilled langoustines for the first time without a severe negative reaction. That was thirty years ago now. She still enjoys all manner of shellfish.

In general, one finds it best to keep an open mind on matters on which we may actually know but little.

Edited by Freeforester
Links added

Wow this is amazing stuff!  The most incredible part is the suggestion of problems from the vaccine, complete with pretending that there is evidence of such.  There are over 2 BILLION fully vaccinated people around the world and the number that have had a problem is vanishingly small.  Some here seem to prefer anecdotes so: I personally know many people that have had 2 doses of Pfizer and have had no problems at all, I know no one that has had any problems with that vaccine.

The odds of having a problem with an mRNA vaccine for Covid are absolutely tiny.  The odds of having a serious problem with Covid are very high, serious meaning: needing hospitalisation, needing intensive care/ventilation, having long covid, having life long damage to heart/lungs/kidneys/brain/gonads/etc.

Of course I can't tell anyone what they should do, but I can certainly question certain things that some people are choosing to believe.

• Like 2

Ivermectin produced for human consumption is safe to take.

Ivermectin produced for animals is not safe for human consumption.

Associated Press. (AP) June 30, 2021.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

"An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 107,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 1.1%."

"And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average."

Vaccines are highly effective.

Caleb Wallace.  Died at age 30.

The New York Times.  August 30, 2021.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/world/texas-anti-mask-organizer-clings-to-life-in-a-battle-with-covid-19.html

"Caleb Wallace, a leader in the anti-mask movement in central Texas, became infected with the coronavirus and has been in an intensive care unit for the past three weeks, barely clinging to life, his wife, Jessica, said."

"He founded the San Angelo Freedom Defenders, a group that hosted a rally to end “Covid-19 tyranny” according to a YouTube interview with him."

"Mrs. Wallace, who is pregnant with the couple’s fourth child, told the San Angelo Standard-Times that when her husband first felt ill, he took a mix of vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin — a drug typically used to treat parasitic worms in both people and animals that has been touted as a coronavirus treatment but was recently proved to be ineffective against the virus."

Edited by Paul A
  • Like 1

Why are people choosing to believe medical information from youtube, social media, personal anecdotes, radio talk show hosts, etc?

There are actually institutions charged with the responsibility of public health.

The FDA, Food and Drug Administration of the USA.  The agency charged with approval of drugs.

The CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Scientific/academic journals only publish scientific papers that have been peer reviewed.

Information from youtube, social media etc are not.

• Like 1

Dr. Allan Landrito

https://www.rappler.com/nation/doctor-sells-self-made-ivermectin-without-permit

Doctor sells self-made Ivermectin to 8,000 patients without permits

Mar 31, 2021

MANILA, Philippines

Doctor Allan Landrito has stopped distributing the pills, but tells legislators he dispensed them when patients were ‘begging me to treat them’

A doctor advocating for the use of anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin as preventive treatment of COVID-19 claimed to have sold to at least 8,000 patients the drug that he made on his own, even without a permit.

Speaking before the House health panel on Tuesday, March 30, doctor Allan Landrito – the most popular proponent for Ivermectin as COVID-19 treatment in the Philippines – said he made Ivermectin pills on his own before selling thousands of bottles across the country.

"Where did you get these Ivermectin?" asked House health panel chair Quezon 4th District Representative Angelina Tan.

Landrito responded: "I compounded it myself. I had bought pure Ivermectin from an importer and compounded it myself and gave it to my patients."

Tan then asked if Landrito had the permit to compound drugs. He said he did not. Landrito also did not have the permit to distribute the drugs he made on his own.

It might be wiser to trust the FDA and the CDC to determine if a drug is safe, effective, and to be approved.

Edited by Paul A

Is it realistic for a lay person, with little or no medical training/expertise, to critically assess information presented on a youtube video, and determine if it is accurate, truthful, correct, etc?

Scientific papers submitted to a scientific/academic journal are peer reviewed.

Peer review meaning:  evaluation of scientific, academic, or professional work by others working in the same field.

What is the main purpose of peer review?
Peer review is designed to assess the validity, quality and often the originality of articles for publication.
Its ultimate purpose is to maintain the integrity of science by filtering out invalid or poor quality articles.

Youtube videos have not been peer reviewed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul A said:
What is the main purpose of peer review?
Peer review is designed to assess the validity, quality and often the originality of articles for publication.
Its ultimate purpose is to maintain the integrity of science by filtering out invalid or poor quality articles.

I feel the main purpose of covid-19 is to maintain the integrity of the human race by filtering out invalid or poor quality humans.

• Like 1