Inmotion V8F charger gets hot but works?

Rodo

Hi all,

I was doing stuff in the garage while I was charging the V8F (charging started 30mins prior) and I went to move the charger and ouch! this thing gets hot. According to my temperature meter it was 122F (or 50C) on the top. I expected it to get warm but holy cow that's pretty hot for a charging brick. It is the one that came with the V8F. Battery was about 60% drained. Is this normal? It does take about 2.5 - 3 hours to fully charge the V8F from that level of discharge.

Thanks

Edited by Rodo

My v10f charger started getting hotter and hotter at one point, (I got it used, a couple of years old) until one day it suddenly stopped working. I also dropped it from about knee height, so it could've just been from that but I even inspected the board and there was no physical damage. Same thing might be happening with yours if it's getting that hot? Replaced the charger and no longer gets that hot. 

50•C is unfortunately normal for these chargers. Some get even much hotter. If the charger gets too hot to touch at any spot, I would consider a new charger. Until then I’d just carry on.

• Like 1