Medium vs Hard, wow!

GothamMike

There you go! I’m not sure where the hard mode enthusiasm comes from. Many riders have never even tried the other modes. Maybe KS calling the modes “beginner”, “medium” and “experient” fools people into thinking that hard mode would be somehow better.

Hard mode is more responsive, it’s just that the wheel’s physical objective is not to accelerate and bring joy to the rider, it is to stay upright. A hard mode reacts faster to horizontal deviations to make them go away, but it makes this twisted use we have come up with for self-balancing technology (ie. accelerating and decelerating) harder as well.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

I’m so attuned to Sherman’s soft mode that hard mode feels awful. You can literally feel the wheel trying to keep the pedals level that there is a definite rocking, wavy motion as you lean. Soft mode all the time.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mango said:

You can literally feel the wheel trying to keep the pedals level that there is a definite rocking, wavy motion as you lean.

Nobody else talks about this, I thought everybody thinks I’m crazy for saying the exact same thing! Sherman and all large Gotways as well.

The V12 is easily the most stable of all the wheels I’ve tried, and it also softens up very naturally.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

MSP on hard mode or sherman on hard mode i feel like wood on water when road is not ideal.

KS16X hard = MSP/Sherman medium 

V10F pedal sensivity 100 = KS16X medium or MSP soft

Newer FW on sherman add responsivnes in medium mode i like that.

Soft mode on sherman  i personaly have problem turn  fast and not fall becasue this "dip" maybee riding without pads is ok on soft but in my case with masive confort pads make soft mode dangerous for me.

Is good we have option change modes ,every rider needs ,and surface is unique.

actualy 1.0.58 sherman i use medium +2PA (reason this setting is best what i find against pedal dip on roundabound ETC)

Shure when i go to long inclining on aphalt i just switch to soft for better leg confort.

• Like 2