Kingsong KS16 X horizontal balancing doesnt work, help!!

Atibingler

Hey

I just bought my first EUC. And this is horrible

Something has to be wrong because I can't keep my balancing on it when riding AT ALL, it's like the wheel has no horizontal balancing mechanism, I'm wobbling from left to right with my body and arms in order keep the balance while riding forward/backwards.

I find it hard to believe it's this difficult to keep balance while riding so I have to assume something is not working

It all seemed to have started when I was stupid enough to try horizontal calibration. Instead of three short beeps and a long one, the long one lasts indefinitely and won't stop ever.

The Kingsong app is horrible.

Calibration doesn't work no matter how many times I try. I'm thinking firmware upgrade and trying calibration after that again. Or just sell the crap away right off the bat.

Any help is appreciated. This is very frustrating.

• Like 1

Horizontal calibration doesn't usually cause trouble. Calibration will slowly move the wheel back and forward rather than disable horizontal stabilisation. Turn it off and back on and it will stabilise. Were you not having any troubles riding before you calibrated it and now you do? 

Riding an EUC requires a high end balancing skill. Good news is anyone can obtain this skill. But it will take you hundreds of miles before you can fully enjoy the experience... (You will. Promise! Don't give up! ;-))

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your answers peeps

So listen

Are you saying that when stationary, given that EUC:s have no horizontal stabilization, it's basically impossible to keep the balance on it with both feet? 

For example in red lights do you step one foot off your EUC:s?

And that an essential factor in keeping balance on EUC is actually being on the move? Kinda like being stationary on a bicycle is difficult but when moving, it's easier

Because it feels very shaky to ride my EUC and I can never understand how people ride this thing in real traffic. Maybe I must just practice and there is nothing wrong with my wheel?

1 hour ago, Atibingler said:

Because it feels very shaky to ride my EUC and I can never understand how people ride this thing in real traffic. Maybe I must just practice and there is nothing wrong with my wheel?

It's hard to say, as you have no comparison with other wheels?

So could be you needing to practice or the wheel has probs. Is there no one around with more experience to try out the wheel? It just takes some seconds to say if it's ok or somethings wrong...

given that EUC:s have no horizontal stabilization

The EUC has horizontal stabilization in forward/backward direction (pitch) but not in the sideway direction (roll).

Yes. Or grab some "pole" or some riders do some pendulum (small forward/backward moves)

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Or grab some "pole"

BTW - you can stand on the wheel and take some hold on a pole/post or wall and check if the wheel does nice forward/backward (pitch) stabilization. You can also try in such a position to do _slight_ forward backward moves.

If both works out, the wheel is very likely ok..-

I'm guessing here, but it sounds like you're in the learning-to-ride stage and the wheel is fine. Practice practice practice, then practice some more before you attempt anything around an automobile. You will get the hang of it, it's really not all that difficult but it does require a certain amount of stubbornness on your part—don't give up!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Atibingler said:

Thanks for your answers peeps

So listen

Are you saying that when stationary, given that EUC:s have no horizontal stabilization, it's basically impossible to keep the balance on it with both feet? 

And that an essential factor in keeping balance on EUC is actually being on the move? Kinda like being stationary on a bicycle is difficult but when moving, it's easier

Very experienced EUC riders rock the wheel forwards and backwards to make small adjustments in balance to stay in one place.  I believe that most riders are not capable of doing this.  Most will put a foot down when they need to stop.