S18 Dead, power button doesn't react

Ro.man

I've got my KS S18 for a week and was happy as an elephant. 

Recently It stopped turning off unless it is connected to the charger.

After pressing the on/off button for few secs the motor deactivates, but the rear light starts blinking slowly. Once every few minutes it beeps multiple time which is very annoying. If I move the wheel around in this condition, the front light activates. If I put the wheel on the side it makes one beep and as soon as I put it back up it activates the motor again. 

After pushing power button for some time I was able to turn off the wheel, but now it doesn't turn on. Power button doesn't react. App doesn't connect. If I connect the charger it makes a clicking sound every 5 sec and headlight blinks for a moment but it is not charging. I've opened up the motherboard. It looks undamaged. 4 red LEDs are always on and blue one is blinking. I've tried disconnecting the batteries for few hours and connect them back but it doesn't help. 

Any advice?

You'll want to speak to your supplier, the beeping (depending on pattern) could have been a hall effect sensor fault and plugging the charger in with it only to light up for a half second usually indicates that one of the batteries has been damaged or failed.

• Like 1

Disconnected all batteries and connected back. Tested voltages on all packs: 2 x 84V and 2 x 42V, seems right to me.

Tried disconnecting and connecting back motor cable and hall sensor cable. Didn't help. 

I think he is really dead. 

I've disconnected the battery packs and will return to GoWheels.ca , let's see what they can do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ro.man said:

I believe it is trying to turn on but for some reason it cannot do so. I can clearly hear a relay click every 5 secs, no beeping or blinking anymore

There should not be any relay - could it be it tries to "start" the motor?

The bldc motor can make many astonishing sounds!

• 1 month later...

Received the replacement motherboard from the shop. Spent the whole evening installing. 
The wheel works but the app doesn't connect and the beeper is dead. Waiting for another one now...

On 9/1/2021 at 6:20 PM, Chriull said:

There should not be any relay - could it be it tries to "start" the motor?

When the controller starts up or tries to start up, it can make a similar sound to that of a relay.

I was trying to fix a local’s V10F, but the battery was down to 45V, so the capacitors on the controller charged up very slowly. Once they reached 17V the board tried to power on with a click, but it only depleted the caps since there was no oomph in the batteries. The caps then again slowly creeped up to 17V, and so on.