Long time no speak & new wheels...

TremF

Any idea where your condition comes from? Did is just happen suddenly (or gradually)?

I think this proves we need better "wheelchairs". No reason an electric wheelchair can't go as fast as a EUC, can be lighter, more suited for offroad, etc. Good enough to join a EUC group ride.

• Like 3

I feel so badly for you... do hang in there and do stop by. You know we're a bunch of nutcases and can on occasion provide some light entertainment. We're usually good for a smile or two... after all, watching us squabble like children over the most inane thing might brighten your day. Seek smiles and laughter, it's powerful medicine for the soul.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, OldFartRides said:

Bummer. Tough row to hoe. I sometimes think I shouldnโ€™t be risking my bod on these damn things.ย 
But theyโ€™re just so damn fun.

Hang in there buddy.

Quite the opposite. Risk it while you can, so you don't end up regretting wasting a moment of life you didnt have to.

ย 

Sorry to hear about the health issues. I bet its a hard row to hoe, once having energy to do things and now not. I hear they have some powders out that can replace energy, tho you may experience other side effects. Did they not offer a gasoline model chair like in the movie. "quicksilver"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Quite the opposite. Risk it while you can, so you don't end up regretting wasting a moment of life you didnt have to.

ย 

Sorry to hear about the health issues. I bet its a hard row to hoe, once having energy to do things and now not. I hear they have some powders out that can replace energy, tho you may experience other side effects. Did they not offer a gasoline model chair like in the movie. "quicksilver"?

It's very hard going from being active to being so limited and relying on the wheelchair for my freedom.

Using the chair is painful still and the limitations it brings are frustrating - range and terrain then because of my memory issues and brain fog I get disoriented in places I used to visit regularly.

Unfortunately anything that may boost energy actually has the opposite affect and can cause a "crash" where I have to sleep. The only thing I can try and do is pace myself but I don't even know my limits to be able to do that properly.

I'm currently looking at other chairs but they are speed limited and always electric. I'm looking for range mostly but also comfort and one that can handle terrain and weather as not many are good for proper use outside.

I don't know how much longer I will be able to continue working or if my chair is actually making me worse from the lumps and bumps causing pain and the exertion from trying to stay focused.

Yesterday I smashed one of my lights. I was focusing on where I was going but I got too close to a wall, crunched the light and scratched the rear fender - that just bends so wasn't more damaged. Luckily it's slow speed, imagine doing that on one of today's fast EUC's.

Edited by TremF

In case anyone would like to make a small donation or share for me on social networks I have created a GoFundMe page to try and get a more suitable chair.ย 

I was out Monday or Tuesday (hard to remember with the brainfog) then as I was struggling I didn't go out again until yesterday to go to an opticians appointment with my eldest. Because I was still struggling I struggled navigating the shop and gaps I shouldn't have problems with. When I got home I had a CFS crash and I have crashed twice today and don't remember anything of the day so far.

A more suitable chair will have tilt and recline to relieve pressure on my spine and neck so ease pain and manage my CFS better, hopefully.

Ive been looking at a Meyra Optimus 2 RS (image attached) as configured right it can do up to 37 miles, works great off road, but can still go on the bus, and has tilt and recline options. Top speed is 8mph - nothing like today's EUC's but ok for a wheelchair heheh

Here's my link if anyone could possibly either donate a little or share please.

Go Fund Me link...

If it's not allowed I apologise and please remove.

Screenshot_20210912-035802_Chrome_remastered.jpg

• Like 1