Reset Factory Settings

Matt1234

Help!!

brought 2nd hand KS-s18 from olive auction. I have invoice abs can proof ownership.

Machine has been set uP previously so I can’t set-up and unlock myself.

I have reached out to KIng Song distribution but they are a bit slow!! Any ideas of guidance from the group as to how I can set up as my own?

• Like 1

When you say you can't setup and unlock the wheel, do you mean that the wheel has been locked by an app and you don't have the password (powers on but won't balance and beeps like crazy every time you move it)? Or that you can't connect to the wheel with an app?

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tawpie said:

When you say you can't setup and unlock the wheel, do you mean that the wheel has been locked by an app and you don't have the password (powers on but won't balance and beeps like crazy every time you move it)? Or that you can't connect to the wheel with an app?

Yes. I have download app and  registered for king song. 
scooter all powers on and Bluetooth comes Up on the phone to be connected, and beeps like crazy every time I move it!!! But I don’t have the old password to unlock and turn balance on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt1234 said:

Yes. I have download app and  registered for king song. 
scooter all powers on and Bluetooth comes Up on the phone to be connected, and beeps like crazy every time I move it!!! But I don’t have the old password to unlock and turn balance on. 

Sounds like it's in transport mode , go to the app and unlock it or create another account if it doesn't wish on old one

@Matt1234 I tried this on my KS16X, not your wheel but I'd bet a nickel the unlock firmware is the same. When I use EUC World, all that's needed to unlock the wheel is that you can connect the app to the wheel. After that, no additional password is required.

When EUC World launches, it does ask for a password—try with no password at all, don't type anything. If it connects to the wheel (lots of beeping as the app and wheel get acquainted), you should be able to find the "Lock" toggle in the Wheel section and toggle it off.

If an empty password doesn't work, try entering the wheel serial number. You should be able to get that from the KS app, or from the sticker on the pedal if it's still there.

• Like 1

Thanks Tawpie  - really appreciate the help!! Tried both of those, no joy. It’s asking for me digital password , digital between 1 and 9, which I am assuming is the oldest password lock from previous owner.

I have Apple  iphone The EUC world app seems to be Android only? 

@Seba any help much appreciated. !!

28 minutes ago, Matt1234 said:

Thanks Tawpie  - really appreciate the help!! Tried both of those, no joy. It’s asking for me digital password , digital between 1 and 9, which I am assuming is the oldest password lock from previous owner.

I have Apple  iphone The EUC world app seems to be Android only? 

@Seba any help much appreciated. !!

Beeps when trying to rotate the wheel are the sign of active wheel lock. Transportation mode may be set also, but first you have to unlock the wheel. If you don't know the password, you can use wheel serial number. You won't find it in any app, as firmware doesn't send it when wheel is locked. When wheel is shipped from the factory, serial number is located on a sticker placed on one of the pedals. But these stickers are usually removed or damaged, so you may not find it. There is also another sticker that is placed on the mainboard, but you have to partially disassemble the wheel to read this number.

If you're on iOS, I think you can also use DarknessBot to remove password from your wheel. I don't know DarknessBot, so I can't help you more here but I think it's easy. You can also get Android phone, install EUC World and enter serial number when prompted for password after connecting with your wheel.  Another idea is to ask a friend that is using EUC World to unlock your wheel.

• Like 1

Wow. Massive thanks guys. Unlocked and set up through darknessbot app. Thank you @Seba..

Absolutely bloody terrifying and fantastic at the same time. 

Thanks for taking the time to get me going and welcome to visit me in A&E anytime!! 

• Like 1