Another noob thread v11 & inmotion app questions

Hellkitten

First off I wanted to thank the members hereĀ and answering all these undoubtedly repetitive questions. šŸ™Ā 

I received a v11 yesterday and have been practicing since it charged last night. First time out, I really appreciateĀ how damn hard these things are to ride! Most of my first attempts are honestly not worth mentioning. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Tonight went better, not great, but Iā€™m still doing circles around a chain link fence. Iā€™ve gone a few feet here and there with a lot of fence grabbing. Slowly but surely......

Iā€™ve searched here, but couldnā€™t find specific info about the app. I canā€™t figure out how to stop a vocal warning saying ā€œslow down pleaseā€! When Iā€™m literally walking or ridingĀ my euc at a slowish pace. Iā€™m guessing maybe itā€™s because I havenā€™t unlocked it from any noob settings? I turned off the volume, but it still is yelling at me. Iā€™m practicing at a little baseball park in my neighbourhood and I donā€™t want to disturb the people living close by. Any help?Ā 

• Like 1

Get the eucworld app. I find that it gives you more information about the wheel and more customization options and is faster to load from my experience. There isĀ volume slider on there and other customization options.Ā 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 11:15 PM, Hellkitten said:

Iā€™ve searched here, but couldnā€™t find specific info about the app. I canā€™t figure out how to stop a vocal warning saying ā€œslow down pleaseā€

How fast were you going? I bought a V8F about a month ago, and it came with max speed set to 25 kph (15.6 mph). I lowered to 15 kph to test the alarm tone and tilt back, then set it back to 25 kph. I only get an alarm tone, not a vocal warning.

When using the Inmotion app, click on the settings symbol (looks like a gear) in the upper right corner to get to the setting page. That is where the max speed setting is. I don't know if the V11 has a separate vocal warning speed.

Ā 

Edited by rcgldr
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:08 PM, Hellkitten said:

I have an apple and it looks like itā€™s darknessbot or the inmotion app are the only option?Ā 

Not quite true! I like the workĀ @SebaĀ puts into EUCWorld, and really like the graphs... so I bought a Motorola G7 Play new for $100 and use it without a SIM card. Works great, uploads via wifi when I get home. Best part is I don't worry about the GPS draining my iPhone battery when I'm riding and if the Motorola does die en route, it's no big deal.

DarknessBot is fine too, it has nearly all the features of EUCWorld and the developers are constantly working to improve it.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

Thanks! Yeah Iā€™ve been through all of that. For some unknown reason it keeps resetting my speed limit to 3km. Iā€™ve reloaded the app and updated the newest firmware and itā€™s still doing it. I contacted my reseller and they canā€™t figure it out either. I shot a video today thatā€™s being shown to inmotion to see if they can help. Super frustrating having a new wheel yelling at me while going at a slow walking pace....... Iā€™ve put my learning curve on hold for now. I was just starting to get it too. ā˜¹ļø

5 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Not quite true! I like the workĀ @SebaĀ puts into EUCWorld, and really like the graphs... so I bought a Motorola G7 Play new for $100 and use it without a SIM card. Works great, uploads via wifi when I get home. Best part is I don't worry about the GPS draining my iPhone battery when I'm riding and if the Motorola does die en route, it's no big deal.

DarknessBot is fine too, it has nearly all the features of EUCWorld and the developers are constantly working to improve it.

Thanks for the tip!

26 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Thanks! Yeah Iā€™ve been through all of that. For some unknown reason it keeps resetting my speed limit to 3km.

I'm gong to guess you mean 3 mph => 5 kph, at least that it the lowest setting for my V8F. The only logical purpose of this is to be test the alarm and|or tilt back while walking with the EUC instead of riding it. If you sett the max speed back to 25 kph at the start of a session, does it reset back to the lower speed during the session (assuming no power cycling)? Is it just an alarm, or are you also getting tilt back? As just mentioned, you can test this by walking with the EUC instead of riding it.

54 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

I'm gong to guess you mean 3 mph => 5 kph, at least that it the lowest setting for my V8F. The only logical purpose of this is to be test the alarm and|or tilt back while walking with the EUC instead of riding it. If you sett the max speed back to 25 kph at the start of a session, does it reset back to the lower speed during the session (assuming no power cycling)? Is it just an alarm, or are you also getting tilt back? As just mentioned, you can test this by walking with the EUC instead of riding it.

Sorry yes, 3mph. Itā€™s the lowest setting. I havenā€™t unlocked the faster speeds yet. I think 16mph is the current max. Even after I set the max speed and the app says itā€™s been changed, it resets back to 3mph as soon as I move the wheel or close the app. Iā€™m not sure exactly what you mean by power cycling (first wheel super noob). I shot some pics and a video today that I sent to smartwheels (my reseller) and I did that while walking the wheel. If I can figure out how to load those here Iā€™ll try and post them. Smartwheels did reply and wasnā€™t sure what the problem was and is going to contact inmotion. Thank you for trying to help, I just want to learn how to ride this amazing machine! šŸ˜©

Does the speed revert to the lower setting when using DarknessBot?Ā Ā I have seen some weird stuff with the IM app so I bypass it inĀ favor of DB unless I want to run diagnostics.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Does the speed revert to the lower setting when using DarknessBot?Ā Ā I have seen some weird stuff with the IM app so I bypass it inĀ favor of DB unless I want to run diagnostics.

Yeah it defaults back to 3mph even in darknessbot......... šŸ˜‘

Those are the settings I have, both apps drop back to the default of 3mph Ā and wonā€™t allow the changed settings. Thank you everyone for your input.Ā 

Ugh. I turned off the limit mode and it still wonā€™t move from 3mph. Not going to lie, I was REALLY hoping it was me doing something simple and stupid. Lol.Ā 

What version of Inmotion app do you have? I have version 7.9.1 from google play store on my note 8. Here is an image of the max speed setting and the separate speed clamp setting toggle for my V8F. The max speed is 25 kph ~= 15 mph. With the speed clamp disabled, the max speed on the V8F should increase to 35 kph ~=Ā 21 mph. V11 should max out atĀ 50 kph (~31 mph)Ā to 55 kph (~34 mph). On some EUC's the speed clamp may suggest some amount of time or distance ridden on the EUC before disabling it. Based on my testing, alarm tone and tilt back occurs at 1 kph more than the max speed setting, so 26 kph with my V8F.

Ā 

imappspd.jpg

Ā 

Edited by rcgldr

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

time to chat with your reseller... they're usually more responsive than the manufacturer

Yeah. Smartwheels has been trying to figure it out. They are sending inmotion a video I took and Iā€™m waiting to hear back. šŸ¤žšŸ»