Skunk

gon2fast

12 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I am fuming. I just figured out after several months of chasing birds and moles that a little skunk is eating all of my strawberries... my life problems are insignificant LOL.

We call that 'target practice' around here. Of course, if you have an open garden out here, it doesnt last the first 2 weeks of spring anyhow. If it aint rabbits its deer. If it aint deer its mold. If it aint mold, its floods. Shh, don't tell the hippies, we find it entertaining for them to setup gardens, lose their asses and move back out...:D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

"I need the S20 to chase the varmints across the front lawn, Abrams is for when the chase hits the pavement.." 

I can still hear my wife laughing.

:blink1: I try not to chase skunk! I might catch it!

….. I caught a porcupine once. I really wish that I had not! 

• Like 1

My wife's family used to own a 100 acre ranch down the road. We lived there for a good bit. Skunks out there were very aggressive. Got sprayed on my mountain and dirt bike several times. NO need to revisit getting pressured washed with Pepsi ever again LOL.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:05 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

We call that 'target practice' around here. Of course, if you have an open garden out here, it doesnt last the first 2 weeks of spring anyhow. If it aint rabbits its deer. If it aint deer its mold. If it aint mold, its floods. Shh, don't tell the hippies, we find it entertaining for them to setup gardens, lose their asses and move back out...:D

Virtually 100% of every garden I've ever started in my life is eaten by something. I'm convinced that a garden is really just bait for shooting deer for a carnivorous diet. I don't own a gun.

Edited by LanghamP
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 6:13 AM, LanghamP said:

I'm convinced that a garden is really just bait for shooting deer

I ruined my hip trying to get a buck out of one of my gardens back when I lived on a cattle ranch. Long story short, the buck decided to stand his ground so I got into my 3 point lineman stance and charged him full speed. Half way to my target the world shifted about 20 degrees to the right and then I had no footing at all and slammed into the ground. The buck stood there the entire time and then left after I had started to drag myself back to the house. 

It was night, I was a few cocktails in and I had on slippers/house shoes... I am glad that I gave up the cocktails (still running full speed in slippers at night though LOL).

• Like 1