Another Chicway PSA

WildEUC

Reposting here as it's also in the inmotion thread but more people should be aware..

Against my better judgement bought my first wheel (v10f) from Chicway.

My mistake, but I wanted to learn to ride ASAP and ewheels/all other US based retailers didn't have V10F available before the end of summer.  

So I gambled on chicway after speaking with two reps of the company online for quite some time.  Looking back, most of it was lies and false promises.  I also paid with PayPal, assuming it was safe...wrong..

So the only positive thing I can say is I did receive the wheel in 6 days from when I ordered.  Not bad at all for shipping speed, but the wheel was far less than perfect, bad charger, (actually had minor scratches on wheel) and the battery was sitting dead for 14 months. Also they didn't ship the protective case they stated would be included.

I posted this all in the inmotion thread and several people advised returning the wheel, so I tried..

Filed claim with PayPal, gave all info, and very quickly received a full refund offer - HOWEVER, only after I mail them back the wheel to China...at my expense fully, and that's when it was shipped from Chicago IL.  Shipping the wheel back with tracking and insurance seems like it will be $500+. And then they will likely "never" get it.

Makes absolutely no sense, I've been back and forth with PayPal and they side with Chicway 100%.  Claim the sellers address is in China, so returns go to China..even when they were shipping from Chicago... 

I did a lot of research and seems this is a very very common China/PayPal scam.  

Serves me right for using Chicway to save a little bit of time and money...not really sure how to proceed.  

Keep hammering on PayPal to step up. They should be the ones that have to eat the cost of dealing with resellers who practice questionable business ethnics.

I had an old PayPal account that got hacked by an ex GF and I had to do all of the footwork to resolve it, I know your pain.

Edited by gon2fast

So far everyone at PayPal has been very black and white.  They can't refund until it's been delivered back to seller, and getting it there is on me.  Most they offer is a $30 credit towards the shipping cost.  Still hundreds out of pocket.  And no one can really explain at PayPal why or how it makes sense for me to fund the freight to China, when it was shipped from the US. 

This article explains basically what they did and do all the time..

https://medium.com/hawthorne-crow/how-the-oops-we-sent-you-the-wrong-item-scam-works-bypassing-paypals-consumer-protections-78d46b2debc9

Not a great experience so far trying to get into EUC, should've just waited the extra month for ewheels.  

Now I am nervous to even use this wheel, can't get a refund, and certainly can't afford to buy another one when this one took forever to save for.  Maybe next year..

Edited by WildEUC