MSP to V12

lirva

1 hour ago, lirva said:

@The Fat Unicyclist When do you sell body guards for V12?

Our first V12 units are in the way to us... As soon as they arrive @Chrissi will be working on it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yoos said:

first connect the charger to the outlet and only then to the wheel. This way there should be no discharge pop at all.

Unless it's a KS16x. In the specific case of the 16x, the owners manual says "Plug in the power source after inserting the charger plug, this can prevent potential risk to ensure a safer charger". I have no idea why they say this other than KS doesn't connect the charger pins directly to the battery as GW does or used to do. I also have no idea what IM does or recommends, but what is good for GW might not necessarily be applicable to other wheels.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lirva said:

Yes I always plug the charger to outlet first, but all the gotway chargers pops and flashes blue in the outlet.

Odd, mine never did, neither did my LeaperKim charger or my YZPower Fast charger, butt they will pop in the wheel plug if not plugged into the outlet first.

12 hours ago, lirva said:

Turning feels a bit weird, it resist the turn and all of sudden turns a bit too much.

This is all about the tire, if you don't get used to it or don't like it just change tire. 😊👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My settings are now in Commuting mode with 60% pedal sensitivity. And 40% speeding with 50% braking.

Off-road mode feels way too stiff for my liking. Can't tell for sure but accelerating feels more quicker at softer mode.

I'm really starting to like this, V12 feels really nippy in 35km/h and turning/carving is spot on.  No wobbles in braking.

Next is trying to find good tire pressure. With low pressure it feels like 18" but i'm a bit worried that I ruin the rim when jumping curbs or puncture the tire.

Any other V12 riders, what are your settings?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding knobby tires that were being talked about earlier, keep in mind on the V12 the built in kickstand folds to come into contact with the tire. With a street tire it's not a big deal if you forget to stow the kickstand (or if somehow it comes loose), but it could be catastrophic on a knobby tire since the kickstand can get caught inside the tire grooves and cause the tire to stop spinning.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2021 at 7:58 PM, lirva said:

Bluetooth, Lights and screen died. Wheel went back to Voltride for repairs today. 

That's quite a few failures at the same time. Was it water damage?

I wonder if you got it back or are still waiting.

On 9/10/2021 at 8:58 PM, lirva said:

Bluetooth, Lights and screen died. Wheel went back to Voltride for repairs today. 

did Voltride repair it ? What is the status of this....
many thanks for letting us know your impressions about Voltride too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Meserias said:

did Voltride repair it ? What is the status of this....
many thanks for letting us know your impressions about Voltride too

It's still waiting for parts. 

No issues with Voltride, i'm happy to buy another wheel from them. Their courier pick the wheel up when I asked for service which was nice.

Others might ask you to ship the wheel to them at your own cost.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...