V10F just delivered.. First EUC + Chicway Warning PSA

WildEUC

42 minutes ago, WildEUC said:

So store it in the back of my car? There is no where indoors on my 3rd floor apartment where it would do "minimal" damage. 

Also have no idea where to charge it 'safely' in this city where it would do minimal damage.  

Safety is obviously important to all of us (to a greater or lesser degree) but it might well be worth changing your forum name in any case ;)

18 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Safety is obviously important to all of us (to a greater or lesser degree) but it might well be worth changing your forum name in any case ;)

Not sure I follow...didn't really answer the question

On 9/1/2021 at 7:42 AM, WildEUC said:

So store it in the back of my car? There is no where indoors on my 3rd floor apartment where it would do "minimal" damage. 

Also have no idea where to charge it 'safely' in this city where it would do minimal damage.  

You can find cases of fires being started by any sort of device that uses li ion batteries be it laptops,  cellphones, power tools etc.  As a percentage they are low and the risk is manageable.   My strategy for charging any device is:

1. Don't leave it unattended. 

2. Ensure the device isn't surrounded by clutter (that could catch fire should there be a problem)

3. Have a working smoke detector close by. 

4. Have appropriate fire fighting equipment close by (for me that is a fire extinguisher and restaurant grade fire blanket).

5. Get on with life.  There is always going to be some element of risk and every generation has its unique risks.  One of ours happens to be our reliance on battery powered devices. 

Or you can try and remove all risk from your life but would that even be living?

Just my 2 cents worth . . .

• Like 3