Tesla charge port cap lost, any clever ideas what to replace it with?

ask @ShanesPlanet, I do believe he prints charge port caps in a multitude of colors.

Of course, getting a wee hunk of plastic across the ocean isn't gonna be worth it. Probably. But if were wrapped in a tee shirt and ShanesPadsV2, maybe?

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

Cap-Colors.jpg

I toss in caps when people buy my pads. The sherman is a little different, but the rest of the gotways are mostly the same. I also have a 3rd variant to fit lightning+ scooters. I'd offer to send you a few, but shipping just caps(Canada?)  is kind of an expensive endeavor. Quite a few people offer them as well. Of course, mine are official ShanesPlanet gear, so it's simply better.:eff02be2d7:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

RevRides makes these nice 3d printed charge port covers with metal threads in them and a rubber gasket for waterproofing. They're like 5 bucks each. Unfortunately they are sold out right now 😔. Stole one from my scooter to use on my T3 and I love em! Just look up zero 10x charge port cover on Google. It's the same connector type that gotway uses.

• Like 1

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32904399337.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.6e3b2e0e5e9pGu

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Cap-Colors.jpg

I toss in caps when people buy my pads. The sherman is a little different, but the rest of the gotways are mostly the same. I also have a 3rd variant to fit lightning+ scooters. I'd offer to send you a few, but shipping just caps(Canada?)  is kind of an expensive endeavor. Quite a few people offer them as well. Of course, mine are official ShanesPlanet gear, so it's simply better.:eff02be2d7:

I'm getting annoyed with the stock Sherman power caps and how they always jiggle themselves loose part-way through a ride. If I want to replace them, do I have to undo or loosen something from inside the shell?

3 hours ago, Mantraguy said:

I'm getting annoyed with the stock Sherman power caps and how they always jiggle themselves loose part-way through a ride. If I want to replace them, do I have to undo or loosen something from inside the shell?

I simply pulled my old ones off. Its just a ring under a lip. The new ones go on the same way. YOu simply slide it under and pull as if it were an o-ring. I used guitar picks to help. DO NOT use metal tools. At least with mine, they are flexible, so you can pull that ring under there. I typically send spares, in case one gets ruined. They do flex a lot, but its still possible to overstretch. I wouldnt see any reason to open the shell. Caps are installed AFTER the socket is already in the shell. Some wheels use glue on the connector inside teh shell, others use the nut. SO far, I've noticed the gab from shell to lip on the outside connector, is much less gap than most gotways.

OK thanks. Mine is from (I think) the newest batch of Shermans, and there is zero gap between the charge plug and the shell; I tried carefully removing one of the existing ones by prying it out but it simply broke off with the rest of the ring stuck behind the plug. Some day I'll have to remove the shell and go in that way; the plug is held on with a nut on the inside, which has been gooped to stop the nut spinning off (Chinese version of Loctite I guess). I'm not excited about trying to stick a metal wrench in there, so close to the control board and other connectors, to hold / turn the nut; maybe I'll try making a plastic wrench to avoid having to disassemble more. Anyway, thanks for the info - I'll get an order in some time for some of your fancy coloured caps. :-)

1 hour ago, Mantraguy said:

OK thanks. Mine is from (I think) the newest batch of Shermans, and there is zero gap between the charge plug and the shell; I tried carefully removing one of the existing ones by prying it out but it simply broke off with the rest of the ring stuck behind the plug. Some day I'll have to remove the shell and go in that way; the plug is held on with a nut on the inside, which has been gooped to stop the nut spinning off (Chinese version of Loctite I guess). I'm not excited about trying to stick a metal wrench in there, so close to the control board and other connectors, to hold / turn the nut; maybe I'll try making a plastic wrench to avoid having to disassemble more. Anyway, thanks for the info - I'll get an order in some time for some of your fancy coloured caps. :-)

Wrap a couple of layers of plastic wrap around your wrench first......

• Like 1