S18 Power Pad (official?)

Lennon

Great to see there is an offical version and that it is quite affordable!

Is the material soft or hard? Grippy or slippery? Do you think the ribbing will hold up well? Any idea why the mid-section of the ribbing is slanted instead of vertical (and why there is an S-shaped part)? That part looks like superficial design without functional purpose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoos said:

Any idea why the mid-section of the ribbing is slanted instead of vertical (and why there is an S-shaped part)? That part looks like superficial design without functional purpose.

It's just a cosmetic reference to S18, as in an "S" with 18 ribs inside!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

"S" with 18 ribs inside!

Indeed, I count precisely 18! However, they should have thought before fully mirroring the design between left and right, since now it's "S18" on one side and "Z18" on the other :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yoos said:

Great to see there is an offical version and that it is quite affordable!

Is the material soft or hard? Grippy or slippery? Do you think the ribbing will hold up well? Any idea why the mid-section of the ribbing is slanted instead of vertical (and why there is an S-shaped part)? That part looks like superficial design without functional purpose.

The material just feel like the original pad. Not really soft but strong enough to hold my leg in position when trying to slow down or stop. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RockyTop said:

where do you get them? 

@RockyTop They are also now available at these 2 Ali sellers:

https://tinyurl.com/KS-S18-S18-Leg-Pads

https://tinyurl.com/Kingsong-S18-Unicycle-Leg-Pads

I will most likely be putting my order in with the extremely reliable (from my own experience) Wheel Riders Store.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UniBlab said:

Received my pads today and install was smooth and easy!!!  Perfect fit!!!

Looks awesome, thanks for the feedback - mine are on the way so should be here either this week or next!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NErider said:

No pedals ever, and just now pads. 

You can order hextech pedals for S18 from Russia. The english version of the website [it's a shop affiliate to ecodrift mostly dedicated to EUC tuning] is out of date, but the russian page has the S18 pedals for ~200$ and they offer international shipping and plenty of ways to contact them.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just wondering if anyone who bought this is still using these pads? They are the first ones that come up in my Google search, but it seems like more people are actually using the mono customize pads. I wonder if these are just as good but much cheaper

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, jacobjj said:

Trying to decide between this or a DIY option for extra power for accelerating up hills and slowing down!

The jump blocks won't help with this. I have heard the Russian Leather ones are great for comfort but don't offer enough support to use as powerpads. [I haven't used them though]