Newly joined, thought I'd introduce myself!

WillCO

Right?  I'm 54, wife thinks I'm nuts, 

Ought to fit right in.... 🤪

Side note, just picked up a stand from your ebay store, looks like a solid piece, nice work! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillCO said:

I'm 54, wife thinks I'm nuts,

Ah, to be in our fifties. It’s tougher at your age because you aren’t quite old enough to be dismissed out of hand as the crazy old man. But soldier on, you’ll get there!

Have fun, and gear up! (adds to the mystique)

edit: the first line didn’t come out right (senior moment)… I was recalling the wistful comment of some older friends when I turned 50. Now into my sixties, I understand that far away look in their eyes

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2021 at 5:42 PM, WillCO said:

...I'd had my own "epiphany" when I discovered that mounting/starting was much easier when I looked ahead to where I wanted to go, only to find it's a well discussed topic here!

If I am in a stressful situation [cars, crowds, etc...] I'll begin looking down at my feet when I want to start and then have to remind myself to look up. As soon as I look up everything goes...reasonably well. When I look down my technique goes to shit! :unsure:

Congrats on getting the S18. It looks like a sweet wheel. I'm glad the crash didn't result in an injury. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...