EXN HT

Gentlemen I’ve recently ordered a Begode EXN HT version, Delivery expected November, does anyone know if this version (C38) uses the same black board etc as the (C30)? Reason I ask is I’m hearing of low speed cut outs with new EXNs with the Black Boards! 

This is very concerning!  Should I just adhere to the run in procedure to break it in? And if so how many kms should I stress test it? Eg load it going up steep hills, ride it in thick grass etc

Thoughts?

Edited by KiwiMSX
Mistakes in the post

5 minutes ago, KiwiMSX said:

Reason I ask is I’m hearing of low speed cut outs with new EXNs with the Black Boards! 

never heard something like this, but it's always possible with a speed motor, specially if you are heavy and really want to do it 

to answer your question the board is the same ( now it's almost the same for all begode wheels) the difference is the firmware.

last but most important, it's almost impossible to overpower a c38 motor :)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, EMA said:

never heard something like this

Yeah This was brought to my attention with a thread on here “EXN Warning” put the shits up me TBH!!😬 ok so I’m “hoping” this poor dudes EXN was just a lemon (sorry guy )

Thanks for your input EMA definitely reassuring👍

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KiwiMSX said:

Yeah This was brought to my attention with a thread on here “EXN Warning” put the shits up me TBH!!😬 ok so I’m “hoping” this poor dudes EXN was just a lemon (sorry guy )

Thanks for your input EMA definitely reassuring👍

just make sure and be fully geared up , don't ride around people or cars until you're sure its not going to cutout. 

On 8/14/2021 at 3:40 PM, Jpd said:

just make sure and be fully geared up , don't ride around people or cars until you're sure its not going to cutout. 

Yeah thanks man fully agree! I’m one of those guys who gears up just going down to the shop, if I get hurt I’ll forever get it in the neck from Wifey and trying to get cash past her for future EUCs will lead to divorce🤔🤔🤔😜

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a pleasant surprise with my EX.N ht today. After charging I was going to check voltage at the charge port with my meter. There was no voltage present. This is the first time I tried to check the EX.N for voltage. This was the third charge cycle. I usually check final charge voltage every few cycles. Maybe Gotway is quietly improving. Although my EX.N came from eWheels.

10 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

Maybe Gotway is quietly improving. Although my EX.N came from eWheels.

This should be the new ewheels batteries with their own bms?! Aren't they supposed to have single cell voltage measurement to be seen by some app?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

I had a pleasant surprise with my EX.N ht today. After charging I was going to check voltage at the charge port with my meter. There was no voltage present. This is the first time I tried to check the EX.N for voltage. This was the third charge cycle. I usually check final charge voltage every few cycles. Maybe Gotway is quietly improving. Although my EX.N came from eWheels.

Begode has improved BMS some months ago, but this is not your case since you have the ewheels battery pack.

[ i don't have the newest battery pack to test this right now ]

3 minutes ago, EMA said:

Begode has improved BMS some months ago, but this is not your case since you have the ewheels battery pack.

[ i don't have the newest battery pack to test this right now ]

My monster pro might have the improved Begode bms. The foam padding doesn't have any cutouts but all packs are Samsung cells. Seems it was built in July. The charge port is hot.

The only questionable wheel I have is a second batch RS C30 version. It charges fine and has  predictable discharge characteristics. It just past 1500 miles. I'm probably going to remove the shrink wrap and inspect everything. I would like to replace the shitty bms with a smart one but if it's working I'll leave it. I always charge to full and let the passive bms work before disconnecting. I think some of the issues with these shitty packs is short charging to less than full. Doing that the bms will not work. 

• Like 1