Scooter recommendation for a friend

Alex-l

I have a friend looking to buy a scooter and I don't know anything about it.

He wants it to commute to work. Short commute, a bit more than 2 miles but 400 feet elevation with really steep hills.

The roads are bad so suspension might be necessary. At the moment he's not interested in off roading or anything like that.

I recommended ewheels but maybe you have other vendors recommendations for scooters? Any brands/models that would be a good fit for this usage?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I bought the Lightning for my bride as she doesn't trust her balance enough for a wheel.

image.thumb.png.a0210dcababf993f022a34e7f82d9efe.png

She's loving it.  gets about 30 miles out of the battery but it does get up & go.  We ride casually, around 15-18 mph.  We live in a flat area but we have almost constant wind so the headwinds bring the battery down.

She rides about 10 miles to work taking the bike & walking paths so she's out of traffic.  She says it takes her about 50 minutes but I believe it's because she takes the long way to work, about 16 miles worth.  At least that's what I'm finding on the controls when she gets home to charge it.  😁

• Like 1