Few V11 questions

No1up

Can the peddles be lowered at all?

How hard is it to clean?

How do you owners like it over all? Is it reliable? Do you screw around with the suspension at all? How hard is it to add air to the suspension?

1 hour ago, No1up said:

No, but sort of  - There are not adjustable pedal mounts like the V12 has, but there is some sag adjustment when setting up the suspension, though I would not suggest lowering suggested/comfortable shock psi to adjust pedal height. 

1 hour ago, No1up said:

How hard is it to clean?

Not hard if you have the right (cleaning) tools. The only thing that I clean are the suspension slides because I apply shock lubrication fairly often

1 hour ago, No1up said:

How do you owners like it over all?

I love my V11. Once the suspension is dialed the ride is like nothing else (comfort).

1 hour ago, No1up said:

Is it reliable?

I am at 1600 miles with no mechanical issues. Bearings are still silent and have seen sprinklers, puddles, mud, etc. Kill switch does not work worth a chit on my unit though... I have learned to live with it LOL. I did severe a portion of a shock with the valve core included, but that was more user error (took it through big rocks at speed and had a bad hit, but was able to ride it out without issue.)

1 hour ago, No1up said:

Do you screw around with the suspension at all?

Yes. The vendor suggested settings are very mild in my opinion. I have had my V11 for a year and have only recently found the psi settings that work well for me.

1 hour ago, No1up said:

How hard is it to add air to the suspension?

Quite simple if you remove the saddle panels (4 bolts, 2 in my case). Lower chambers can be accessed with little difficulty. If your upper saddle bolts are in use (I ditched those after the first month) then it is nearly impossible to access the upper chambers without removing the upper saddle bolts at a minimum.    

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 5:53 AM, No1up said:

Yes, by standing on them. :P

How hard is it to clean?

The parts that seem to gather all the dust from dry dirt roads are the smooth side panels. At least, in addition to the suspension rails, those are the only parts that I have cleaned in 6000km.

How do you owners like it over all?

Still easily the best current suspension wheel, and easily the best EUC choice for me. But that could change next year when the V13 vs S20 debate starts…

Is it reliable?

The V11 has some issues that have been fairly common. Meaning, more than one case in a hundred units. But all those have already been addressed by Inmotion, so a new unit does not have any of the same reliability figures of the older units.

Do you screw around with the suspension at all?

I have found the shock pressures to be quite sensitive to temperature changes. I don’t know if it’s the same with all bicycle air shocks due to small chamber size. Because of this, I check the pressures quite often.

How hard is it to add air to the suspension?

The 1st gen pump is relatively easy to use for the upper chambers without removing a single bolt, but the newer one probably requires at least two bolts to be removed. I would think that once you have done it a few times, there’s really no reason to remove the saddles for the newer pump either.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, Meserias said:

Could you guys confirm that latest V11 wheels come with special bearing sealing from the factory to prevent water ingress ?

Also new V11 wheels will also come with japanese quality bearings ?

I bought a new V11 that was April 2021 build. It had not the seal and it came traight from Inmotion Global AliExpress shop.

Unfortunately I messed up either the motor or drive board or main board, or Alle or some these parts. Long story a bit shorted I get all parts replaced paid it myself as it really wasn't a warranty issue I could claim. 

The new motor had factory seal installed. So I couldn't see what bearing being used. It is rumoured about Japanese bearing being used but I can't get that confirmed.

Some might have bearings problems but far from all get this. The thing is you never get the full story behind each failed bearing. But from some pictures I have seen I can't help thinking: whit this treatment to your wheel what did you expect would happen? As a hint explain the difference between a submarine and artic science transportation and an EUC.

Then there is the pure unlucky stories too of course. 

A true to the bone GW ride will probably never fully understand the benefits of the V11. It isn't a wheel for those that forgot to read the manual on wheel and EUC  limitations. That said I will boldly state the V11 is the best all around wheel on the market especially if you mount a K66 80/90-14 or 80/80-14 tire on it. 

It is showcased by this amazing video of no one less than @mrelwood the tire hod himself.

I recommend watching the full length of this. Of you are long term rider, just ask your self how accurate this is. 

If you are new rider, this is the start for you, shortly you understand it. 

If you are a V11 you are likely to understand why it starts with drone footage in the start. 

I would just put one comment to the video. The V11 can be set up as a race car (firm) suspension or a still connected to the landscape feel, but it will never be a cloud in the sky. But the thing is with an EUC being connected to let the ground "speak to you" though the pedals is important to know not to push the wheel beyond its limits. 

As to OP, and cleaning. Not really hard to clean. But some maintenance require more screws to disassemble the wheel. But once done a few time it is just a process with a few more steps. In general I only clean outside dust or water/rain. And I have not yet had a bearing problem on both owned V11 I have.

Reliability? Any EUC can break down. Each model have its own quirks. Just like cars. If you don't abuse the wheel and do massive off road or high speed crashes then I do not see why it should last just as good as any other EUC.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 10:53 PM, No1up said:

How hard is it to clean?

How do you owners like it over all? Is it reliable? Do you screw around with the suspension at all? How hard is it to add air to the suspension?

No, you can't lower them and you wouldn't want to, once you get used to it it's a huge advantage being higher

How hard is anything to clean? Use a cloth and wipe it down, takes 30seconds.

Its the only wheel I will ride, I don't like non-suspension wheels anymore. Once you figure out your proper suspension settings you don't mess with it, maybe check it once a month. It's not hard to add air but it does take time (5-10 min)  and effort.

• Like 1

Larger rider chiming in. Lower chamber pressure is good for about 2 weeks with seepage. Upper pressure seams to escape at a higher rate, but I run very high pressure L325/U200psi. The lower pressure is great when I am flat tracking, but I like a tight/highly responsive suspension set up otherwise.

The only cleaning I do is a quick wipe of the slides and a coating of shock oil to help with the noise. 

• 3 weeks later...