Is this normal for 1.3.5?

Jdestef

I did try it with my generic on snow just for a short distance, and it was surprisingly stable likely due to the one contact patch getting all the weight.  I did experience a scary lateral slide at one point when coming to a stop, and that was enough to make me think twice.

I've seen a few videos with snow riding like this one:

and another where a Russian guy studded his tire with screws, but he did wipe out a few times.  I think I'll wait for better conditions!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Yeah, I was actually kidding  I did try it, but it's not something I have the courage to do everyday as I'm sure I'd end up knocking my noggin soon.

We don't often get snow here - once in the last 25 years that I can remember (and then only a quarter inch).

But my commute to work usually involves looping around under a bridge, and sometimes in winter the puddles underneath it will ice over - riding over them is a better wake-up than coffee, and that cracking sound you get really heightens your senses (and clenches your sphincter)...

20 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

...that cracking sound you get really heightens your senses (and clenches your sphincter)...

Now I have to go wash my brain out to get rid of that image.  Thanks a lot for the post-Christmas image.  :barf:  Turkey with all the fixin's comin' back up!

Just now, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Now I have to go wash my brain out to get rid of that image.  Thanks a lot for the post-Christmas image.  :barf:  Turkey with all the fixin's comin' back up!

Your imagination is maybe a little too strong...  ?

Sphincter: possibly the coolest word in the english language!  :cry2: Funny... some people think the meaning refers to 'someone that worships a Sphinx':P

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Have you never thought that, in the last few seconds, the turkey most definitely clenched it's sphincter too?

• 2 weeks later...

Having New Year in the summer is awesome... Obviously it's warm, which means there are so many options - beach bonfires are popular, often with fireworks being let off at midnight. ALL of the nightlife areas are very busy. And of course there is the popular evening barbecue, that turns into a long night of drinking with friends... And all of this is helped by the fact that it is still light through to ~9pm.

I have to say, I'm intrigued to try a white Christmas / New Year... But I can't see how it would ever catch on.

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Having New Year in the summer is awesome... Obviously it's warm, which means there are so many options - beach bonfires are popular, often with fireworks being let off at midnight. ALL of the nightlife areas are very busy. And of course there is the popular evening barbecue, that turns into a long night of drinking with friends... And all of this is helped by the fact that it is still light through to ~9pm.

Just put on my VR glasses and immediately enter your hemisphere without traveling 3000 miles!

Archived