So I'm now an EUC instructor . . .

Lex Smith

9 hours ago, varamontelo said:

Well done for this result. If we can be like him on the wheel in 15 minutes, it's extraordinary. I should have come meet you for my debut.

To be honest Liam was a natural.  I think his history of motorcycle racing etc probably helped.

• Like 2

I've shown two unlucky f*cksticks how to ride an euc. I surely hope this doesnt put me in the 'enabler' or 'instructor' category. Does it count at all when its merely the 'blind leading the blind" ?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I've shown two unlucky f*cksticks how to ride an euc. I surely hope this doesnt put me in the 'enabler' or 'instructor' category. Does it count at all when its merely the 'blind leading the blind" ?

Two?  That makes you a Master Instructor  :-)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I am trying another strategy with my wife, which comes with two parts. Part One is conversion of those she loves into EUC riders. My 9 year old daughter has just "got it" and now is asking me to "go to the park to ride unicycle, please, please?...". Part Two is the reverse psychology of suggesting to buy an electric bike she'd like to ride (she likes fancy expensive bikes) up and down the hills. "But sadly, e-bikes are very expensive, heavy and not practical at all..." :)

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, That Guy said:

I am trying another strategy with my wife, which comes with two parts. Part One is conversion of those she loves into EUC riders. My 9 year old daughter has just "got it" and now is asking me to "go to the park to ride unicycle, please, please?...". Part Two is the reverse psychology of suggesting to buy an electric bike she'd like to ride (she likes fancy expensive bikes) up and down the hills. "But sadly, e-bikes are very expensive, heavy and not practical at all..." :)

I bought a scooter with intent on my wife using it. She saw it, said "no way" and it sat for about a year. I kept riding around and eventualy she decided to get on the scooter. It was a weekend watching me on my mten in a tourist trap town, that did her in. Sadly, that scooter is WAAY too much for simple riding in crowds. I'm not sure if my plan backfired or not, as she enjoys riding on the scooter around the hood with me on an euc. I'm hoping that one day, shell agree to stand on an euc. I fear the scooter may have appeased her enough that I'm losing my leverage... Maybe, eventually she'll see how handy the mten is in SO many instances. She can't even lift her scooter. One thing I do know (20+yrs married), slight pestering kind of works, but a tad too much and you get nada!

On the flip side... Her lack of interest in the euc, keeps mine safer. It also makes it less likely she'll even bother chasing me down on these public boards, to read up on my "plot plot, scheme scheme." muwahaha:efef77eaf5:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, VikB said:

Nice work. I tried to show my GF the very basics of EUC riding and she hated it. 

8 hours ago, That Guy said:

.". Part Two is the reverse psychology

I told my wife that she would never be able to ride an EUC because woman just don’t  have the determination to learn such things.  She sure showed me!! LOL. Now it is all I can do to keep up with her. 

I have taught five woman and two men. In my experience woman learn quicker. 

• Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 9:55 PM, Lex Smith said:

Perhaps it's a stretch to call myself an EUC instructor but I did meet up with a guy who has never set foot on an EUC before and helped him get started riding my V11 - here he is after 15 minutes from first stepping on it.  Not a bad start I'd say :-)

Does he own an EUC? Either way I think teaching EUC to people that don't have one is such a great idea! We should design some kind of app and turn it into a business

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AeonDrone said:

Does he own an EUC? Either way I think teaching EUC to people that don't have one is such a great idea! We should design some kind of app and turn it into a business

He is now the proud owner of a Veteran Sherman courtesy of the amazing folks at roll.nz  😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

On the flip side... Her lack of interest in the euc...

That's right! There is also a risk in greater understanding by my wife of the differences in prices, specs, max speed, etc... And even worse - we'd have to buy two new EUC's (of the same budget) rather than that one with the top spec I am hoping for. :-)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I told my wife that she would never be able to ride an EUC because woman just don’t  have the determination to learn such things.  She sure showed me!! LOL. Now it is all I can do to keep up with her. 

I have taught five woman and two men. In my experience woman learn quicker. 

I USED to be able to cast doubts on my wife and she would go out of her way to PROVE me wrong. Sadly, she quit giving a sh*t about that around the age of 30. Double dog dares don't work anymore and it makes me very sad :(  I think shes permanently scarred from the time she stood atop my skateboard 18 years ago. Of course it went...zip... right from under her and she fell hard on her ass. Then the time she went snowboarding for two sessions and twisted her knee JUST before she got it figured enough to quit falling. THEN theres the time she was learning my dirtbike and aimed straight up a mountain before falling off and twisting an ankle. The list goes on and on, but I haven't been able to add to it in about 10+ yrs. I fear the day (it's coming) when shes eats pavement on that scooter. I'd imagine when it happens, that will be the end of her riding much of anything anymore. Some people let injury tip the scales more than others...

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 4:52 PM, That Guy said:

If it might help for her to meet another female rider I'm always keen to meet new EUC buddies :) I could bring the smaller wheels too.