Increasing range, help

uniler

I recently did a range test of my genetic euc that i purchased from Amazon a month ago. I am very satisfied in all areas (durability, speed, maneuverability, price) but the range is terrible (3.7 miles on last run on flat road °55 temperature). I would like to increase the range. I will consider purchasing a much better unit once this failes. I bought a cheap one to learn on and determine if i would be interested in them. Although instead of shelling out $500-$1000 that I don't have I'm interested in investing $75-$150 in a new battery to get the most out of this one. Thoughts or help on an external battery? I opened the shell but there is no extra room inside. 

tmp_22918-20151226_140250120607080.jpg

I also have a generic one as first wheel which behaves very well...no cut offs so far, proper warnings, tiltback. The battery is the smallest one 132 Wh, but good Samsung quality and I can usually ride about 7km.

Just like you I also considered options not to be in a rush to spend appr. $1k for the next much more powerful and modern EUC.

If we put aside the tricky possibility to get into additional batteries in that tight space which will require specialized skills, I think the good option is external battery..which also has negative side...its just external, means kind of ugly.

Here is what I found on ali (I don't have an idea about the product quality or seller's reputation, its just an example of the design)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/External-backup-battery-backpack-power-bank-for-self-balancing-electric-unicycle/32384416899.html

2 hours ago, DSeucist said:

Here is what I found on ali (I don't have an idea about the product quality or seller's reputation, its just an example of the design)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/External-backup-battery-backpack-power-bank-for-self-balancing-electric-unicycle/32384416899.html

I bought two of those for two of my friends for over a year now. I modified the output plugs for them. I didn't receive any negative comments. The BMS is on the side of the pack. One weak point is that there are spaces between the pack and the case not filled with rubber or something in my two cases. Of course I filled them.

11 hours ago, DSeucist said:

The battery is the smallest one 132 Wh, but good Samsung quality and I can usually ride about 7km.

I have a generic with 132wh as well and i thought it was the smallest but now I see a lot of generic wheels online that only have 88Wh batteries.  Judging from how fast mine drains, I would definitely not want a smaller battery.

7 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

I have a generic with 132wh as well and i thought it was the smallest but now I see a lot of generic wheels online that only have 88Wh batteries.  Judging from how fast mine drains, I would definitely not want a smaller battery.

Well...I didn't know for the existence 88Wh. Since they sell them, they are already available buyers.

I suppose this battery would be enough for a 30-40 kg kid to play in the backyard for an hour, but not for adults...or maybe 20 min playing some tricks&turns in the room while resting from other activities :)

Archived