Clark Pads mega review (5 different models): Gen 3 Foam, Gen 2, Gen 2 V11, Gen 3 Foam V11, S18

YourAubsome

18 minutes ago, shellac said:

sage advice here to velcro the bumpers instead of glueing them. watched this just in the nick of time. 

Definitely. Do Clark pads also come with high quality velcro to attach? The good 3m stuff sure aint cheap!

22 minutes ago, shellac said:

they don’t come with shit, only adhesive. clark needs to take a page from @ShanesPlanet

I dunno about all that now. I'd imagine "clark" company is turning decent profit and handles a LOT of volume. MANY happy customers for sure. We can cut them a little slack as the rest of their lineup seems solid. I'd like to have a set, just to see what $200+ buys a person. I really WISH I could get my hands on a v11 to try and make something. Same with the 16x. The v11,s18,16x just seem like a difficult wheel to accomodate. By the looks of it, the Abrams is gna be a one off design as well. Luckily, Most gotway and larger KS wheels are flat. I'd imagine clark pads in the normal style are pretty damn marvelous.

I bet the 'foam' manufacturing made it much more cost effective than printing. How does the foam hold up to a slide or water ingress?

@sevin7 thank you for the time and honest opinions in the vid. I must admit, I've never seen anything but mine and stock. Looks like you've got a bit invested.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I bet the 'foam' manufacturing made it much more cost effective than printing. How does the foam hold up to a slide or water ingress?

The foam on the gen 3's is really good stuff. I've dropped mine a couple times, including sliding out in a patch of sand at about 25mph and no damage at all to the pads. I've also been caught out in the rain a few times and there was no problem at all (not from the pads anyways, I had to open and dry out the Rs). My initial impression was that they were really dense and quality feeling. They're awesome. They give me so much more power and control than even the ewheels pads that were generously provided with the wheel. I can jump curbs, hit ramps, do 180's, and just feel so much more confident and locked in while doing regular riding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I dunno about all that now. I'd imagine "clark" company is turning decent profit and handles a LOT of volume. MANY happy customers for sure. We can cut them a little slack as the rest of their lineup seems solid. I'd like to have a set, just to see what $200+ buys a person. I really WISH I could get my hands on a v11 to try and make something. Same with the 16x. The v11,s18,16x just seem like a difficult wheel to accomodate. By the looks of it, the Abrams is gna be a one off design as well. Luckily, Most gotway and larger KS wheels are flat. I'd imagine clark pads in the normal style are pretty damn marvelous.

@sevin7 thank you for the time and honest opinions in the vid. I must admit, I've never seen anything but mine and stock. Looks like you've got a bit invested.

I wasn’t throwing shade at clark. Who knows maybe we will all be working for him one day after he IPO’s and joins the S&P. Just saying, included velcro would be nice. 

I haven’t tried them yet to comment on the feel, but the foam gen3 bulk order must be cheaper than printing the gen2 because the end consumer price is a little bit cheaper for the gen3. 

• Like 1

Love the gen 2 foam universal pads, they fit an 18 xl perfect.  They will fit a 16x too but Shane is kinda right, the stock comfort pads on the 16x present a bit of a barrier for applying gen 2 pads with Velcro but with creative cutting you can form the Velcro strips around those pads. Also the back edge of the pads sticks out from the shell a bit, but its no noticeable slop or softness. The shin and calf edges are perfect they don't sti k out too far and they are soft enough to not bruise yet tough enough to take many crashes. The heel and forefoot pegs are hard plastic on the outside made to withstand laydowns and if set up right, can lock your foot onto the pedals. They absolutely take riding to a whole new level 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Singasong

Do you think or know if it's worth getting pedals or the pads for the KS 18XL?

I just got the KS 18XL the pedals are very tight to open, don't have those grip things these have on the pedals or the pads from clark pads which makes me wonder how it will do at higher than newbie speed levels :unsure:

Have your tried clark pads's stands? If so what do you think of them?