Calling all Bay Area riders, we are having another ride this Sunday January 17th at Stanford University. Meet up time is 2:30pm at Stanford Oval. We will be riding around the many trails that Stanford University has as well as riding around Palo Alto and maybe grabbing a bite to eat along the many restaurants along University Avenue. 

I have our link on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/621491334621039/permalink/657699887666850/

There are many more rides being planned if you can't make this ride. I will be working with @SuperSport and @BotCali for more rides in the future. Please join our group if you are in the Northern part of California. 

I'm planning to be there.  Watched a few videos of the Stanford Campus.  Quite a few Bike Lanes all around there, Looks Fun!  And, it appears the weather is going to give us a break that day, just like our last ride in SF.

7 minutes ago, Colestien said:

If I ever get to go for/to a ride it will most likely be one of yours.  I have family in Ramona.  In fact my daughter just gave birth to my first Granddaughter!  I wish you all a fine and dry ride.

Yeah, @NevNutz did a great job on the last one. I'm still deciding if I'm going to make it tomorrow. The rain is a bummer, although I guess I do have a coat. :blink:

I sure would like to.  I'm a bit handy-caped though, I still only have my generic Wheel.  It is true I get around ok, but I know this wheel will only go as fast as a fast jog. I would hate to be a spoiler of a ride.  I'm saving money for a Kingsong.   I guess my time on here has been well spent at least I know the brand I want now.   So as I'm saving money, and trying to decide what size now.:blink:

I also only have a generic that tops out at 6-7mph, with probably a 4-5 mile range (I haven't run it too low yet). Definitely gonna upgrade soon. I'll come to the meetup and ride a little but I'll probably turn back after a short while -- I saw on the forum that on the SF ride was something like 20 miles!  I'm looking forward to actually seeing some of the wheels I've been reading about. 

1 minute ago, Colestien said:

Yap, that's what we need.  Just like the bike ride I did years ago in Mexico....have a meat wagon following us to pick up strays.  Funny how that works, first to drop out is first to the beer.

I was thinking more if we were being chased by robbers, I only need to outrun the slowest Unicycle...  :D

I'm going to leave in a couple hours, so hopefully someone will be there.

If not, I'll probably end up following a young college Hottie around campus and get arrested.
While in Prison, I'll meet Bubba.
Bubba will tell me about some money he has hidden because he does not expect to ever be released.
When I'm released on good behavior, I'll go get the money.  It's Millions of Dollars.
I'll buy an Island in the South Pacific and build a small house.  I'll call it SuperSport's Island.
Two weeks later, Bubba will get released on a technicality.
Bubba will adopt a dog, (Spot), to keep him company and help him integrate back into society.
Bubba will find me and send a letter asking for some of the money because his dog needs food and he cannot get a job.
I'll have FedEx pick up a large bag of money from SuperSport's Island to fly back to Bubba.
On its way to the States, there will be a Hurricane that wipes out SuperSport's Island and takes down the FedEx plane.
Bubba will be desperate and will rob another bank, he will get caught, and will be sent back to prison.
Spot will wander the streets looking for food until he stumbles upon something with horns and a Large Shiny Thing around its neck.
Flavor Flav will take Spot home.

Please show up and Don't make Spot live with Flavor Flav... :(

flava-flav.jpg  FlavaDog.jpg

1 minute ago, BPINE said:

We will be there SS but I might have to leave a bit early. 

Cool, I was beginning to worry about my future after finally going to college! :o

I might not be too late either.  It's 2.5 - 3 hours drive each way.

13 hours ago, Colestien said:

So as I'm saving money, and trying to decide what size now.:blink:

Go big you won't be disappointed, I am 100 % happy with my 18 and can turn every bit as tight as I can on my 14 with a bit of practice. 

Archived