A EU for a heavy person - is 500 € possible ?

Sonopanic

In that weight power of the motor matters. You can start with a cheap EU but you sell it off fast. 

I've an IPS T350 which can handle my weight close to you. I can't run it at full speed, doing a heavy break I put it to the floor in the back/ switch it off close to standing. Taking heavy slopes will drain a single battery system very fast. I can take it for tours in plane area to 2-2,5 hours. Doing trips with slopes will reduce the range to 1-1,5 hours. Heavy slopes not possible (overheating, shut downs).

Spend some more money. Buy a Gotway MSuper or MCM2s (14" but powerful) with 680 Wh battery. An other option: Take the Kingsong KS18-800 W with 680+ Wh or the KS14-800W with 680 Wh. Both Gotway and Kingsong will release new 16" models. 

If you like to commute go with the 14". If you like to commute and also make nice tours take the 16". If mainly tours than go with the 18" models. I'll go with a MSuper or KS18 in the next months, depending on the release of the new MSuper.

You should describe more what like to use it for. Which area are you from?

/edit 

Monorover R1: 500 W power, 132 Wh battery: with your weight 7-10 km range. I wouldn't buy it.

I'm 110-115kg and the Ninebot E+ works great, there are no problems at my size.  It's got plenty of acceleration and there's no problem maintaining the top speed of 22km/h, even though I choose not to ride that fast for safety reasons.

10 minutes ago, musk said:

I'm 110-115kg and the Ninebot E+ works great, there are no problems at my size.  It's got plenty of acceleration and there's no problem maintaining the top speed of 22km/h, even though I choose not to ride that fast for safety reasons.

We're having (my wife) the 9b1 E. It's having less power than my IPS. The E+ just have a bigger battery.

I would go with that weight only with dual/ parallel battery wheels having more capacity (acceleration, slopes) - that's safety. And this wheels gave even more power.  Drive them once and you never go back.

We'll buy the Kingsong KS16 for my wife.

I like to buy the new MSuper. As an option if the MSuper is not available by April a KS18 is possible.

I've driven MSuper and KS18 for test on a tour for some km. I like the power of the MSuper (current). Definetly no problem with heavy weights. I'm a cruiser not a speedy one. The big 18" wheel takes you perfect on bad road/ off-road and street. I like tours of 30-40 km.

24 minutes ago, Sonopanic said:

The "high end" ninebot has a 500W motor like the cheap ones...

Only more capacity. I can´t afford a 1000 € wheel, i don´t know if i like it yet.

I think about the airwheel X8.

Get in touch with people having EUs and ride them. You'll feel big differences. 

You can ride so this lower power EUs with limitations. If you learned how to ride you'll feel what I mean. I'm having my IPS since 13 month now. Doing a big tour is not possible.

I seem to notice the NBO isn't one of your favourites.
Just letting you know, I owe one and one of my friends tried it, he weighs approximately 118 kgs and he had no problems.
Well, he had problems learning but then all went well. :)

Ask Ferenc in Berlin (http://www.electro-sport.de) if he has some discount/ last year stuff. Or maybe he knows someone to sell his old one. If you tell me the region you live we can connect you maybe with someone in your area willing to help you learn riding an EU.

just sent Alex Segmüller from eWheelMotion from Berlin a note if he has something for you in stock or knows a good used wheel.

4 hours ago, Sonopanic said:

After many reviews and videos i think the airwheel Q5 is a good point to start.

Just ordered it with 170Wh.

I have an airwheel Q3, with identical battery pack and on flat surface I get 4 to 5 miles, the Q5 is very similar, with your weight it will handle around 10 degree slopes, and never accelerate hard or face a face plant. The airwheel have a very strong shell and they good for learning, but after you have learned a better wheel is the ks-18a 1100w motor 1360 battery pack, I believe for heavy persons that is one of the best choices for 3 reasons, the 18 wheel will help on bad roads, the 1100w motor is the largest I have seen, and the 1360wh battery is the best I have seen. The Q3 or Q5 with your weight will not be able to go over large square speed bumps, when the speed bumps are round it has no problems. I have on order a ks-18a.

2 hours ago, checho said:

I have an airwheel Q3, with identical battery pack and on flat surface I get 4 to 5 miles, the Q5 is very similar, with your weight it will handle around 10 degree slopes, and never accelerate hard or face a face plant. The airwheel have a very strong shell and they good for learning, but after you have learned a better wheel is the ks-18a 1100w motor 1360 battery pack, I believe for heavy persons that is one of the best choices for 3 reasons, the 18 wheel will help on bad roads, the 1100w motor is the largest I have seen, and the 1360wh battery is the best I have seen. The Q3 or Q5 with your weight will not be able to go over large square speed bumps, when the speed bumps are round it has no problems. I have on order a ks-18a.

I fully agree with the KS if you can ride. Starting with is a bit more a challenge because you but the wheel between your legs and with his you get it drifting any time to one side.

I've learned riding on a X3 which I rented for two weeks from a dealer. After a week trying/ learning I realised that the motor is definetly not strong enough. I could accelerate, brake and doing this twice time it just shut off, same on a bit more heavy breaking. Airwheels are cheap and good for the money. But it's not an EU for heavy weight people or with quite a lot limitations. The case for example makes noises with the weight.

A Q3 is good for starting because of two wheels. You get faster the balance. But than you realise the downside of two wheels if driving urban roads. A one wheel EU has no problem driving on a farmer road where the lanes from the tires are deeper than the rest of the road. The 2 wheel will always try to run on both wheels doing this it's not plain. Also you always collect small things between the tires.

The area of @Sonopanic is a beautiful area. Giessen is a city in area with a lot of Forrest and hills around. If he will be infected by the EU virus he will do tours in this area. Also if living in a satellite town and like to ride to Giessen a cheap one with low power motor and low capacity batteries will fast see it's limits. This is the area to say "look here and you know why I ride a MSuper or KS18". We've friends in this area (Biebertal-Krummbach) and I would ride a KS18 with at least 680 Wh or better the 1360 Wh in this area.

But the budget is set. So one possible way is to buy a used one better or perfect fitting the requirements. Or buying a cheap one, learn riding and have some fun. Than getting in touch with others you can drive the other brands and models to compare. That's the way I started with the IPS. It's good for driving around town but that's it. If you ever did a tour (30-40 km) on a MSuper/ KS18 you never like to ride your own EU because you realise that such an EU can handle all the problems you're faced before with no problems. I know people having a 14" EU to commute and a 18" EU for the tours. A 16" is a compromise of both and the new o es from Kingsong KS16 and Gotway ACM 16 fitting a gap which wasn't filmed yet (strong, fast, reliable, long range driving). Also an IPS Lhotz could be as well as the 9b1 P a good one to start and handle slopes/ inclines. The downside of thus two are the single battery packs having not enough capacity to handle long inclines with the weight.

@Sonopanic we just got also snow down here. If the streets are free from snow I can make you a movie with me on the IPS (stronger than a marsrover) and you can see how it drains battery on an incline. And my one has a 340 Wh battery. I also made screenshots driving on the 9b1 of my wife showing the power consumption of the motor riding with me. At 10 km/h it likes to have between 140 and 250 W not doing any acceleration or inclines. Taking a medium incline here I see 1000 W easy. Also driving a road and you have not a real plain road you see peaks of 100-300 W (additionally on top). With a low power EU and rated 500 W you may have a peak power of 800-1100 W in best case on a fully charged battery. Depending on where you like to ride you need to reduce speed having enough power for riding and balancing. I ride my IPS with max 12/14 km/h on a flat/ plain road and it starts slightly to become a rocking horse. I ride a Firewheel at the speed warning (18-20 km/h) with no problems. Also a MSuper and KS18. Only that you've some comparisons.

8 minutes ago, Sonopanic said:

The Q5 has arrived and is really fun.

One day training and already sore muscles :-)

My wife really likes it too, and i think, if we become good riders, i buy a better fit for me.

It's like a virus. Ride it and you like to do some tours around your town. So you'll need a real EU. Get in contact with others and try their EUs. Feel the difference/ advantage and make your choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i need a real EUC.

I am too heavy for the Q5. My first uphill endet on the ground. Suddenly the electronic cuts the power.

I have read about it and it is clear i need more Current from the battery and more power from the motor.
Second, the idea of two wheels is perhaps not as good as one wheel when the underground isn´t flat or changing.

The price is of course important, no change there. When i sold my Q5, i think maybe a IPS 132 ?
1300W to 800 W and 260Wh to 170Wh in comparison.
Question is, will this work ?

38 minutes ago, Sonopanic said:

Yeah, i need a real EUC.

I am too heavy for the Q5. My first uphill endet on the ground. Suddenly the electronic cuts the power.

I have read about it and it is clear i need more Current from the battery and more power from the motor.
Second, the idea of two wheels is perhaps not as good as one wheel when the underground isn´t flat or changing.

The price is of course important, no change there. When i sold my Q5, i think maybe a IPS 132 ?
1300W to 800 W and 260Wh to 170Wh in comparison.
Question is, will this work ?

I would go for a dual battery EU. As the Q5 is a 14" EU you can keep that size and can go for a Kingsong KS14C 800W/ 680Wh or a Gotway MCM2s 680 Wh. But you will have more fun with a bigger tire of 16". Maybe you wait for the new KS16 or Gotway ACM. Don't buy a third time.

I just ordered a Gotway MSuper for me (18") and a KS16 will follow for my wife.

You will drain a single 260/ 340 Wh on the first longer incline

Sorry, but I have to ask, what body type do you have? I think you realized now these vehicles can and will go down easily if not cut out, a pot holes, stick, bump... You better be up to falling down and dealing with it... $500 is not going to do the trick, these are serious if not tricky transportation vehicles... Other wise buy a bike...

8 hours ago, Sonopanic said:

What body type ???

I think, beside the price, a 18" is too big and too heavy to carry.

The 18" is not comfortable to carry (17-19 kg). The MSuper needs force to make turns but it has power, big pedals. If you've ever driven it on forrest trails you feel the huge difference. It's an other category. It's not uncommon that 18" riders having a 14" beside. 16" would be a compromise. There's a huge different between 16" and 18" driving over a bumpy road/ trail.

Go for at least 800W Basepower motor and if possible a paralleled battery pack. It's a Woohoo effect. ;)

Archived