Will there ever be a Monster Pro High Torque Version...

I really want a Monster Pro but probably won't buy one after watching many reviews where the rider easily overpowered the wheel and many have complained about the brakes. I don't really want the wheel to go  50 MPH. I just want to cruse somewhere between 30-35 and do some seated riding. I really like riding off road but would likely use this for long group rides with minimal/easier off road use. A high torque version of the wheel maybe exactly what I want. If they made a lower speed monster pro with the C38 magnets would you buy it?

On 6/21/2021 at 12:41 AM, EMA said:

M24pro already has the most torque motor on planet ( c40 from EX ) , and it's really awesome , but still remains a 24' wheel ;)

Crossposting a related reply from someone who knows more about it than me. :)

original thread: 

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the response. Wow didn't realize it had C40s... I would be willing to give it a try but the statements about braking really worry me. Too bad these things are hard to test drive if your not in CA or NY. Wrongway seemed to like his...  hmmm.

A big wheel with lots of torque would be a nice, but I do not know that I would want to show up at the trails with a 24" wheel (that is the first place I would take it though LOL). The rangers would blow a gasket if I went cruising by on a Monster Pro HT... we already have a delicate relationship concerning my smaller wheels.   

• Like 1

lol I would use this more to cruse around town go to work (18 miles one way) etc... This video shows what I would consider some good braking so maybe there is hope.

• Like 1

I find the complaints about braking between different wheels somewhat odd. As a larger rider I can throw my weight around accordingly for each wheel I ride. That said I do not think that the Monster Pro has any issues with braking, it just takes a different riding technique* (IMHO).

* DISCLAIMER - I do not own a Monster Pro nor have I ridden one so I am basically talking out of my butt, cheers! I had a Monster V2 for a couple of months so I guess that counts, back in good standing!!!

On 7/31/2021 at 2:05 PM, scap said: Wrongway seemed to like his...  hmmm.

Ask him again after the faceplant 

40mm or not it’s needs more torque 

and who know what they are fitting to it now as they are changing the motor

2 hours ago, Trevor Phillips said:

Ask him again after the faceplant 

40mm or not it’s needs more torque 

and who know what they are fitting to it now as they are changing the motor

I think trevor is referring to this Instagram post by Adam aka wrongway 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR_EiG9FmjK/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1

huge diameter and torque are not friends :D ( at least with actual tech )

On 7/31/2021 at 5:10 AM, scap said:

I just want to cruse somewhere between 30-35 and do some seated riding

if this is your need nothing beat the EX, seated susp riding is awesome with godlike torque, generally speaking going 30-35mph do not really need a 24' inch

• 5 months later...

I have an EX (black motherboard version), and have never overpowered it, or had a cutout (even when riding the beeps). It will do 30-35 all day, and gets there with a sense of urgency. Also climbs hills like a tractor. It isn't a high speed wheel though. I have had it up to 41-42, but I am riding the beeps big time. I never have range anxiety on my EX on a Friday night ride in Portland. For long range, I usually take my Sherman, but it sucks on hills, and I don't feel it has good torque for hilly off-road / technical stuff, but I have seen guys ride it on trails, and make it look easy... Your mileage may vary based on height/weight/experience.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 12:30 AM, Denny Paul said:

Not my content obviously but learning a bit about this here: 

Tldw: customer got a new motor installed through alienrides after damaging his stock Mpro’s rim. With the new motor, he noted the free spin speed is decreased to 56mph with a full charge compared to the 65mph that original motor did. Anecdotally he reports better braking, acceleration, and hill climbing ability. He also states that he hasn't been able to get the pedals to dip, whereas with his previous motor this was easy to do. 

I’ll repost it here since it’s a relevant update; apparently there’s going to be a HT (or higher torque) version of the Monster Pro!

AND ewheels is taking preorders for it. When it comes to market, it may not be the exact same parts as the customer in the video has, and may have different firmware. All still very much in development. You’ll have to email eWheels directly though, no product page for it as it’s still a very recent development.