New Veteran "Abrams" 22-inch Wheel

xiiijojjo

Oh man... That wheel looks so slick.  I'm loving the look.  Lets hope the performance will match the look of the wheel.  Nice specs so far but what's written doesn't always translate to real world performance... saying that, I am optimistic! :) 

Based off specs, I’m getting the vibe that this wheel is less about “the next level” and more about what Veteran can do to push out a wheel with what they’ve got now.

On one hand I’m sad about not having an exciting wheel, but on the other I guess I feel better about my Monster Pro deposit. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 1

This looks like a replacement and improvement on the Sherman. More aggressive design, higher roll bars, integrated mudguard, larger tires for more stability and clearance, and if rumors are true, a higher voltage means more torque/speed so better acceleration. Smaller batteries is a practical balance between range and weight.

Definite must-buy for those new to Veteran and exciting upgrade path for existing Sherman owners.

• Like 2

• Looks great--definitely an improvement in aesthetics over the Sherman (which wasn't bad to start with/for their first out of the gate, but this is clearly better).
  • If you're not pushing 40+ mph, I'm just not sold on such a large diameter and how much this can sacrifice in higher weight, maneuverability, torque, acceleration, braking, etc--but definitely appealing for their highest-speed crowd.
  • $3700 is yikes. I wonder how much that is inflated by the current battery crisis, and/or whether and how much that might drop when battery prices return to more normal.
  • I wonder how heavy it's gonna be compared to the Sherman (which was already over 77 lbs/35 kg).
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

I find it ugly, all the utilitarian look is gone in favor of hormone deranged teenager decoration. Sad. All I can hope for is this not being the styling of future Veteran products.

Also: I planed to get a Sherman (as in 3000+Wh) next year, I hope the situation changes by then.

edit: an improved Monster v3 ?

Abrams tank wiki

Edited by null
  • Like 2

Need more specs and details but initially does not feel like any do want upgrades, the aesthetics looks nice but that side panel design might make it harder to mount pads, hopefully they've thought about that.

• Like 2

Stunning looking wheel i dont dare to go 22 so been Nice of a smaller one aswell.
Rumors the sherman getting discontiued with this News but things evolve …

Edited by xSAMCOx

That looks nice!

Though I thought their next wheel would be the "Patton".

Looking forward to see the internal build. Hiopefully with design/process improvements from these talented guys, otherwise it's more of a sidegrade/downgrade compared to the Sherman.

• Like 1

Good observation indeed, don’t know where he got it from. Might be misinformation from the chaos, I suppose we’ll get some more solid specs soon.

edit: Vet rounded the Sherman’s 3110Wh to 3200Wh so never know.. (like @Planemo says)

Edited by null

I would instantly believe if they just "exaggerate":D But "2700" is such a specific number, used for 100V battery packs (2664Wh it is), so I'm wondering what it means when that specific number shows up.

Well, we'll see what it's going to be. Maybe it will be 116V and the Abrams will be a crazy speed king.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That looks nice!

Though I thought their next wheel would be the "Patton".

Looking forward to see the internal build. Hiopefully with design/process improvements from these talented guys, otherwise it's more of a sidegrade/downgrade compared to the Sherman.

Patton died when his Jeep hit a rock in the road, right? Some think he was whacked.

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Look at the lack of spokes. This suggests a much larger motor than anything before.

Or maybe even an axial flux motor. That would be absolutely bonkers. Although I am not aware of any such motor ever having been made in an outrunner configuration.