115kg(in all gear) driver in need of advice on wheel

Hey all. Im in need on some more advices on EUCs.  I need a eheel that can easily hold that weight, can hold on very bad pavement, speed isnt needed that much. Would be using it to go to and from work mainly 2x 15km drive in any weather so rainproof is a must.   Nikola spec are good, but dont like that cheap shiny plastic look on it(atleast watching pics.   Then there is Inmotion v11...and ofc after that few other at 2.6k-3k euros.   Would like a large capacity batt as charging every day isnt very great. And ofc EUC that has charging safety and other things to keep batts safe.    Not many wheels to choose from, but still its so freakin hard...

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I don't have one but do understand from reading that the Nikolas are near the top of the heap when it comes to rainproofing. I seriously considered the Nikola+ but also wasn't fond of the look either (I didn't like the egg). If you do want to dress it up a little you can always get a cover. They're not cheap, but the roll.nz bodyguard has been well worth the money on both my wheels—and besides affording excellent scratch and bash protection they make my wheels look a lot more attractive to me! I do credit the bodyguard with improving the rainproofing on my 16x, they'll slow down any water that's trying to get in but if everything gets dripping wet they probably won't keep helping so I carry a plastic grocery bag just in case it rains really hard.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

I have a Nik+ and bought the roll.nz cover just to protect the wheel from scratches. The 3" tyre offers reasonable comfort and the pedals are also comfy. The Nik is also very waterproof. The 18XL might be a good choice as it's also waterproof and very rugged. The V12 also looks good and promises to be waterproof but it hasn't been out long enough to know for sure.

Just remember these are all fairly heavy wheel that will be tough to carry up stairs and that weight can also make it more difficult to learn to ride on.

Here's a pic of the Nik+ with cover next to my smaller 16S. I used to think the 16S was heavy till I tried lifting the larger wheel - I just avoid lifting now!

411896756_eucsside.thumb.jpg.3ce619400c7fabb55e4350cb6b3e8ff1.jpg

I weigh 130kg without any gear and my Inmotion V10F handles my weight just fine. Range is over 50 km with a full battery in warm weather, some slightly hilly terrrain, some dirt road and sticking to normal bicycle speeds around 15mph.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I weigh 130kg without any gear and my Inmotion V10F handles my weight just fine. Range is over 50 km with a full battery in warm weather, some slightly hilly terrrain, some dirt road and sticking to normal bicycle speeds around 15mph.

Interesting, as its rated at 50km range...mostly its tested with 70kg rider.  That range for 130kg rider is impressive.

12 minutes ago, quickbot said:

Interesting, as its rated at 50km range...mostly its tested with 70kg rider.  That range for 130kg rider is impressive.

V10F is rated (by Inmotion) at 90-100 km range with 70 kg rider, constant speed. I used to get 65 km with around 10% left. And the V10F lets you ride well past 0%. That’s at just 68 volts. 

If it will do the range then the V10F is lighter and cheaper and also can be bought with an inexpensive cover direct from Inmotion. It also comes with fairly large pedals and a fairly comfy tyre. Though, even with a 50km range, it will still mean charging each day.

Edited by mike_bike_kite

9 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I advise against 16' wheels for a heavy person.
The difference between 16 and 18 for us fat people is massive. I'd say I'm about 5 times more stable on an MSX than on KS16S just because of the bigger and wider tire.