New $2000 euc shipment thrown down a flight of stairs?

WIZARD

I dont know who is responsible. And I DO NOT blame Euco.

But my shipment was late and then "delayed". The delivery guy avoided me waiting for him out in lobby. He ignored the "Signature Required" statement.

My beloved "Box" looks like it was thrown down a flight of stairs!!!

I'm fuckin passed off.

He took out the driveway before I could tackle him.

I took 30 pictures documenting.

I'm in shock and need to calm down.........

I am literally in love with my unicycleing, gliding down a shady bike trail.

!@#$%^&+=/×#@!!!

I don't know the value of the EUC you purchased, and know you just want to ride, but please file a damage claim or a formal complaint on the driver for not getting a signature as required.  In fact if they don't have a signature they can not even prove they delivered it to the recipient.  You could say you never got it, and how could they prove otherwise.  Delivery companies are just out of control these days.  They refuse to hold drivers accountable and expect customers to just continuing to pay the price.  Make em pay the $2000 or entire value of the EUC if there is any serious damage.  If the EUC has the slightest scratch or dent, file for replacement parts, shipping to an authorized repair person, and all labor to put it in mint condition.  Everybody is pushing towards this online shopping model, but if consumers have no rights or recourse to hold shipping companies accountable the whole system breaks down.  

Hi CarlW.

I am still trying to calm down and not ruin my beautiful future on my euc. I've had 3000 great miles on my first love. Well... Jennifer Wilbur was pretty nice too!

While filming, with a witness, I've carefully opened and unpacked, all with the close assistance of a magnifying glass and microscope.

Bla bla bla... I'm gonna unlock and proceed with my inspections and documentations as anyone should with a new euc.

So far, it comes on and I'm doin the Unlock......

• Like 1

dont feel too special. Fed-ex managed to simply destroy a paramotor of mine before delivery. They must have dropped it out of THEIR plane if I was guessing. Had to get entirely new frame and rebuild the damn thing. Hopefully your wheel survived the lack of proper handling, much better.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I'm suckin it up so far. Determined to have a happy time with it.

Upon attempting to plug the male charging connector into the female uec port (i always have problems with this) it arced and sparked.

Of course it was not plugged into the wall.

Now... I am concerned.

Never had or heard of sparking before. Have you guys???

• Like 1

mine tend to spark if i dont have charger plugged in BEFORE plugging in the wheel. Probably just some capacitors discharging or soemthing. I wouldnt worry about it too much, tho I do make sure to plug my chargers in first now. Fwiw, ALL my wheels do the same thing. Or at least I think ALL. Hell, maybe just a couple..

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Thank both of you. Seriously.

With all the electrical, battery and fires, I'm pretty cautious.

I got just enough electrical experience to understand and follow your comments. I get it.

Got er all ready to set OUTSIDE for the first charge and run it to 100% and do the Freewheel test.

Its a beautiful wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WIZARD said:

Thank both of you. Seriously.

With all the electrical, battery and fires, I'm pretty cautious.

I got just enough electrical experience to understand and follow your comments. I get it.

Got er all ready to set OUTSIDE for the first charge and run it to 100% and do the Freewheel test.

Its a beautiful wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would agree completely, but you never mentioned which wheel it was...:eff02be2d7:

My new wheel is the Gotway/Begode T3.

Ya, I know i know. I'm just trying to be open minded and give em a fair shake.

I'm a simple guy. I ride slow and carefully. Am very mechanical. So I can fix all the little stuff. I got 3000 happy and content miles outta my little Nb1 c+ @12mph.

31mph, 60m range, is more than ill ever use. BTW, I aways ride seated. But on my own comfy seat.

Edited by WIZARD
Typo

you are gonna have grundles of fun... and see how tough it is already? Now you won't worry quite so much when you bail while mobbing stairs and T3 carries on down the stairs without you...

Edited by Tawpie

I'm so mad.

It was thrown down the stairs. The charger won't work.          The lights on charger dont work.  Eucworld won't detect it.          The tires flat. (just needs air).        Something has slid down inside blocking the brake light.       There is no Operating Manual.   If I do anything the Warranty is worthless.

6 minutes ago, WIZARD said:

I'm so mad.

It was thrown down the stairs. The charger won't work.          The lights on charger dont work.  Eucworld won't detect it.          The tires flat. (just needs air).        Something has slid down inside blocking the brake light.       There is no Operating Manual.   If I do anything the Warranty is worthless.

I wouldn’t bother mention the operating manual or the deflated tire, as these are pretty normal for new EUCs being shipped.

I would absolutely take photos or video of what doesn’t work and email EUCO to submit a claim with the shipper. This is something they’re likely used to do cause unfortunately issues with shipping aren’t so rare anymore. Warranty won’t need to play a part if it’s the shippers fault and EUCO files a claim based on your observations.

just start with the email and see how EUCO wants to handle it. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 2

Ya, I know. I'm just pissed.

You buy a new toy and look forward to everlasting joy and happiness.

I'm gonna try to cool down a day or two.

EUCO IS GOOD HONEST PEOPLE. I stand by them. 

I just wanted to ride my new wheel. Not start out on world war three.

Should I tear into it myself?

22 minutes ago, WIZARD said:

Ya, I know. I'm just pissed.

You buy a new toy and look forward to everlasting joy and happiness.

I'm gonna try to cool down a day or two.

EUCO IS GOOD HONEST PEOPLE. I stand by them. 

I just wanted to ride my new wheel. Not start out on world war three.

Should I tear into it myself?

oh man, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Get so excited, pay a fortune, wait a while and BAM, its like a kick to the nutz.:barf: I've been there, prolly be there again.

The wonderful news is that you patroned a reputable dealer, so you have MUCH LESS to worry about. I would NOT open the wheel just yet. I KNOW, must resist urge to fix.... but you really need to. If you have a reputation with EUCO already, ofbeing loyal, reasonable and mechaincally inclined, by all means open it and they will trust what you report and not violate warranty. However, it is VERY rare for a company to blindly trust just anyone to open the wheel and try to repair. SOmetimes duct tape and zip ties and glue aren't considered 'quality' repairs.   Just shoot euco a mail first. Theyll let you know if its okay to open it or not. In the end, THEY are the ones who decide if a warranty is valid or not.:eff02be2d7:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Good, level headed comments and advice. No, I shouldn't mess with it. Thanks for listening. I'll shut up now and get on with it.

Just think of all the people who have never flown down a quiet, early evening bike trail.

I love my Telsa T3. It is a beautiful machine.

• Like 2

Gosh, So sorry. Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. UPS delivered my Sherman on a hand-truck. EUC manufacturers need to ensure their packaging is made from the best materials. Shrink wraped to keep the water and prying eyes and hands out.

I had quit complaining here and was trying to move on and figure out what to do.

I just now check the FedEx delivery documents.

They FORGED my name!!! They also misspelled it. They are saying that I signed for the shippment. I tried and tried to inspect the box BEFORE excepting (signing) for it but I followed the 2nd guy not realizing they sent 2 guys.

FedEx FORGED my signature. And misspelled my name.

Yes, I have all the photo and screen shot documentation.

Welp, that's a crime.

If there is security camera footage of the area from the time when the delivery guys were on the premises, make sure you request it immediately before it gets deleted. Make copies of everything you have and store them in at least 2 places. Speak with EUCO ASAP and make sure to send them copies of all the evidence you have. Be prepared to take the issue to FedEx if they suggest it. And I don't mean customer service, I mean Corporate.

Good luck, and keep us posted. I'm almost certain EUCO will be able to take the lead on this, but I'm curious either way.

Edited by Arbolest
Removed a paragraph that looked like legal advice. Not my place.

24 minutes ago, WIZARD said:

I had quit complaining here and was trying to move on and figure out what to do.

I just now check the FedEx delivery documents.

They FORGED my name!!! They also misspelled it. They are saying that I signed for the shippment. I tried and tried to inspect the box BEFORE excepting (signing) for it but I followed the 2nd guy not realizing they sent 2 guys.

FedEx FORGED my signature. And misspelled my name.

Yes, I have all the photo and screen shot documentation.

They are hired to complete a job as required by the shipper.  What they have done should be considered a breach of contract, and they should be held accountable.  I know my way around complaints with Fedex if you need advice.  It is a pain in the ass, but if consumers do not stand up to this crap shippers will just get worse and worse.   Also consider notifying your state attorney general and filing a complaint.  

Ok ok. I was worried about some down the road, big picture, things. No, not a Death Squad from China. Well.... not too much.

This Forum for one thing.

The guys here are indispensable and sent from heaven. Where else can we turn for true honest help from Old Timers who have actually experienced things?

Yet I dont want to start being perceived as a complainer.

2nd. Euco.

I want to protect them from even the hint of impropriety. They are in the top 3 that we trust and depend upon. Newbies need to know that. THEY can be trusted.

China. I paid them $2000 for a pile of fkn junk. There padding/crating should have been better. Yes, someone kicks me out another. But what does that say about China. Who else is getting screwed?

The future...

Riding along on my new shiny replacement. FACE PLANT at 30mph. Their quality sucks? Does Corporate care? Can they be trusted?

Maybe I should just get a refund and go with KS?

6 months of more bullshit, delays and headaches.

Yet... I LOVE my unicycle. It is the closest thing to a Cessna 152 or Hanggliding I have ever seen.

I'm a bit confused. You initially seemed to imply that the delivery people just dumped the damaged package on your door step and then left but now you seem to be saying you were there when they arrived and you accepted the package. If you were there, why would they then forge your signature?

Am I also right in understanding that, up until yesterday, you've only ridden 12mph on your Ninebot and today you crashed at 30 mph on the Tesla? and you're blaming the wheel??? That's pretty close to the top speed of the wheel anyway depending on battery level, rider weight, conditions etc. To me at least, it doesn't sound like the fault is in your stars or the wheel or China or Fedex.

Sorry for any confusion.

I'm not very good at texting.

There were 2 delivery guys. I followed the wrong one accidentally while he went to other Apts. The other guy just dumped it and ran.

I live in a Large apt complex with 4 entrances. I was there but in another section of the building.

I've had bad shipments before and know to inspect all of the delivery carefully before signing for it. Sure paid off this time. 

By the time I got turned around and out the door, he had high tailed it outta here. Still laughing bout spelling my name wrong. Idiot.

Nope, 12 mph is the fastest I ever gone. Welp... there was that "incident". I clocked it at 87 mph one time. And I might even be able to nurse it alittle faster.... if I could just find a higher Cliff.

I'm confused about your parting comment. But texting is difficult and then theres that dam Spell Check thing.

🙂🙃🙂