First USA King Song 16" available for sale after testing

Hello everyone!

I love this new King Song 16" 680wh unicycle. BUT, it would be selfish for me to keep it to myself. I will be testing it and riding it extensively but respectfully until the end of January.

We are already offering preorders of this new 16" King Song unit, and you can join in at the following links:

King Song 16" 800w 680wh Pricing and Reservation

EXCLUSIVE King Song 16" 800w 840wh Pricing and Reservation

After the test, the review unit is available for purchase. I will be accepting offers sent to me via private message, or via Email@ElectricUnicycleReviews.com.

The unicycle is not in mint condition, there are a couple small scuffs on the casing. It will include the standard 1 year parts / 6 months labor warranty.

You will be riding the King Song 16" months before everyone else in the USA.

Send me your offer, and the highest bidder before February 1st gets it. And read my ongoing review at this link:

King Song 16" 800w 680wh Self Balancing Electric Unicycle Review

• 2 weeks later...

@KaleOsaurusRex great review. How do you perceive the weight comparing to other 16 and 14 inchers? It's hard for me to estimate how much of an annoyance it would be to drag around 60% more weight comparing to my 14 inch generic. Also, do you know if the (annoying) voice messages can be/will be possible to be (selectively) switched off? I sometimes use a wheel in semi-serious situations, and a wheel screaming "Hello! King Song!" every time it's turned on is a no-no for me (well, just as the blinking leds are).

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

@KaleOsaurusRex great review. How do you perceive the weight comparing to other 16 and 14 inchers? It's hard for me to estimate how much of an annoyance it would be to drag around 60% more weight comparing to my 14 inch generic. Also, do you know if the (annoying) voice messages can be/will be possible to be (selectively) switched off? I sometimes use a wheel in semi-serious situations, and a wheel screaming "Hello! King Song!" every time it's turned on is a no-no for me (well, just as the blinking leds are).

The weight between EUCs doesn't necessarily depend on wheel size, but more on the battery size. My 680 Wh 14 inch Kingsong is heavier than my 160 Wh 16 inch Airwheel. With that said, this 16 inch kingsong unit has an integrated trolley handle bar so you shouldn't be dragging around all of this weight a lot in the first place.

12 minutes ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

The weight is reflected in the quality of the ride and the unit itself. With the built in trolley handle, it's not as bothersome as one might expect.

What do you mean by quality of the ride? You are saying it negatively affects the quality? Can you describe please. Thanks

3 minutes ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

I'm sorry, I was unclear. I mean, the design feels very solid on the road. Acceleration is superior to any other 16" unit I've ridden; almost on par with the King Song 14" units despite the larger wheel size.

What about manouverability. How does extra weight affect it, if there is any effect?

Maneuverability feels a lot like the Ninebot E+. but with better acceleration and motor feel. The pedals and cushioning are much better as well. I don't feel that the extra weight affects the maneuverability significantly.

I still like the 14" King Song better in a lot of ways, as it is definitely the most maneuverable and portable.

8 minutes ago, fearedbliss said:

@KaleOsaurusRex The fact that king song now let's users do firmware updates is worrysome. This is one of the reasons I likes the current generation of 14" king song. They can't be updated through the app.

I think the possibility to update easily is an important feature. All software has bugs, so it's a good thing to be able to get rid of them as fast and easily as possible (assuming of course the new firmware is well tested and reliable).

If people hack the firmware and upload it to their wheels, it's on their own risk, IMHO.

13 hours ago, fearedbliss said:

@KaleOsaurusRex The fact that king song now let's users do firmware updates is worrysome. This is one of the reasons I likes the current generation of 14" king song. They can't be updated through the app.

I completely agree to this school of thought: a couple months ago when offering KS some suggestions on improving their App, wrote:

"Firmware updates: Ninebot have had enormous problems with their automatic firmware updates feature & as a direct result are facing a number of potential actions against them for offering 'unsafe' releases. Might I suggest that we offer this feature, but that the user has to first download the updates, that we provide to customers in a controlled way, rather than automatic updates? 

For example, a single customer is complaining about a specific problem. The engineers produce a fix for this & supply to the distributor. The distributor provides the customer the file to load manually from their smartphone. What do you think?"  

14 hours ago, Achim63 said:

I think the possibility to update easily is an important feature. All software has bugs, so it's a good thing to be able to get rid of them as fast and easily as possible (assuming of course the new firmware is well tested and reliable).

If people hack the firmware and upload it to their wheels, it's on their own risk, IMHO.

I don't trust companies to do this reliably, and I will use Ninebot as an example. These are transportation devices, things that are in motion and will be not just on sidewalks, but on bike lanes that are next to vehicles. The margin for error needs to be 0%. This is why in also against Tesla firmware updates for their cars.

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

I completely agree to this school of thought: a couple months ago when offering KS some suggestions on improving their App, wrote:

"Firmware updates: Ninebot have had enormous problems with their automatic firmware updates feature & as a direct result are facing a number of potential actions against them for offering 'unsafe' releases. Might I suggest that we offer this feature, but that the user has to first download the updates, that we provide to customers in a controlled way, rather than automatic updates? 

For example, a single customer is complaining about a specific problem. The engineers produce a fix for this & supply to the distributor. The distributor provides the customer the file to load manually from their smartphone. What do you think?"  

Feature request/ bug note, if approved feature will be implemented. Than the manufacturer starts in house testing against his test plan. After that a beta test group can verify on real worl test. And only if all is ok than it will be made available to customers in which way ever (dealer/ smartphone).

Looks like Ninebot took a different route.

Archived