INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

Jason, with the huge backup at the LA port, does there seem to be any progress with the 24 hours shifts now up and running?  And realistically how long could it be from the time the cargo ship arrives to unloading if things stay the same?  I know you don't work at the port but your probably a lot closer and know way more than we do.  :)

7 hours ago, jmsjms said:

How does the V-12 compare/differ to the V-11 in the following categories:

Acceleration

Braking

Stability at high speed

I felt that the V12 was almost reminiscent of a 18” wheel, so the difference in acceleration and braking effort wasn’t as big as I would’ve expected. But in general it was of course a little snappier and nimble than the V11. I didn’t go faster than about 35 km/h though, since the owner had just received the wheel, and speeding is not something I like to do with an unfamiliar wheel anyway.

The Pedal Sensitivity adjustment makes a huge difference in the effortlessness of braking/acceleration. At Commuter 100% the V12 felt quite similar to a 18” wheel in that it was a bit laborous to accelerate or stop quickly. Commuter 70% was very intuitive to me, and I felt that both hard and gentle accelerations/braking were very natural and logical.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Richardo said:

Is there any known manufacturing difference between first and second batch v12’s?

I asked eWheels about bearings since some batch 1 have issues after exposure to water, but likely won't be addressed since I think the issues were pretty recent and v12s were built already. 

It seems main batch 1 issue, from what I have read around, might be firmware updates due to the wheel not connecting to inmotion database or something like that. If eWheels made sure the wheels serial number is in the database, that is one "fix" so all the wheels can be updated to have split mode. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enlightened0ne said:

Does anyone have any advice about what to do to prevent the same rusting issues that have affected the batch 1 wheels? Prevention is better than cure and all that...

First, we haven’t seen the photos of the problematic rust so we don't know exactly what happened with that person’s wheel! There are a handful of problems that can cause similar symptoms.

The photos I saw only covered external surfaces- which had formed a thin patina of rust- completely expected, and harmless!

Second, you could use the forum search feature to get all the waterproofing advice from the past! Chooch has a YouTube video about it too. 

One problem in that advice? I haven't seen much about what type of grease is originally on the bearings, and not all types are compatible with each other!

Our friend Crusher has been repeating the phrase “marine grease” from the chooch video- it sounds like itd be the right tool for the job! But we dont know that, its a gamble

B437757B-F4B7-4F97-B6DD-581784FF057C.jpeg

33 minutes ago, No1up said:

Also, has anyone noticed peddle dipping on this thing? It feels worse than my sherman.. 

I have a first batch V12 and I haven't noticed anything I would call pedal dipping. If it matters, mine came with a previous firmware and I haven't bothered getting it updated.

2 hours ago, No1up said:

Also, has anyone noticed peddle dipping on this thing? It feels worse than my sherman.. 

The V12 is one of the absolute least dipping wheels in the market. Set the wheel on the integrated stand on a hard and level surface (such as your home floor), and choose “horizontal calibration” (or something like that) from the app settings.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

You are probably riding it on a really soft pedal mode or setting.  It can be cranked up stiff, or feel like it’s always floating.   
Sherman dips like crazy on turns. V12 if u stiffen it up, should almost have no dip. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChiWestSider said:

Obviously you aren't one of the ones whose been waiting since May for this 🤨

Not in this case, although no doubt I'd be doing the same thing if my wheel was on that boat. Mine was more of a comment on the state of the entire western world right now due to the current supply chain situation--both professionally and of course regarding our toys. :-)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChiWestSider said:

Obviously you aren't one of the ones whose been waiting since May for this 🤨

I've been waiting since July and I thought I had it bad! 

Anyway, I'm also in Chicago and if you're up for it, I'd love to get in touch and go for some rides together once our wheels arrive!

• Like 1