Begode EX Shuts off suddenly while riding.......

Hey all. My EX shut off while riding without notice. Does not turn back on. Luckily, I was going slow, about 15 mph, only soreness and a big scratch. There's power to the board, enough to have to drain the main board caps of their 100v. Wheel takes a charge, yet does not turn on. The EX was at top charge. Only rode about one mile. No visible damage or burnt smell inside the wheel, yet the side with the electronics had lots of sand in it. I never opened this wheel before. I think it's possible that sand dust may have caused a short on the main board, inside was very dusty, causing the shutoff. So, I'm working with the seller for a fix. Hopefully, the EX will be back soon and well inspected and sealed up. Interior quality is good. No glaring issues or shortcuts other than a misaligned cover seal. Anyway, I thought this would be good info to share. Oh, I ride this wheel almost daily. Rides around 10-20 miles. Wheel has around 1000 miles on it. Peace from Maine USA...Guy

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 3:21 AM, Guy said:

Hey all. My EX shut off while riding without notice. Does not turn back on. Luckily, I was going slow, about 15 mph, only soreness and a big scratch. There's power to the board, enough to have to drain the main board caps of their 100v. Wheel takes a charge, yet does not turn on. The EX was at top charge. Only rode about one mile. No visible damage or burnt smell inside the wheel, yet the side with the electronics had lots of sand in it. I never opened this wheel before. I think it's possible that sand dust may have caused a short on the main board, inside was very dusty, causing the shutoff. So, I'm working with the seller for a fix. Hopefully, the EX will be back soon and well inspected and sealed up. Interior quality is good. No glaring issues or shortcuts other than a misaligned cover seal. Anyway, I thought this would be good info to share. Oh, I ride this wheel almost daily. Rides around 10-20 miles. Wheel has around 1000 miles on it. Peace from Maine USA...Guy

Did you ever get any updates, or reasons why your wheel may have cut out, and wouldn't turn back on?  How many miles did you have on your wheel when the cut out occured?   

• 1 month later...